Join our discord community

Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumPrism: GeneralKitsu plugin release!
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Kitsu plugin release!

PreviousPage 2 of 5Next

That's great news! A full open source pipeline stack is now available!  Congrats Danell!

I don't know how we can help with this but we are glad to see this integration happening. I will add a link into our Python client documentation and see how we can promote it.

thanks @danell, for the great contribution I will try it now

Quote from selavfx on 11. November 2020, 17:17

I didn't quite understand the "Steps/Categories" split up in Prism anyways to be honest.

You can think of it with different terms:

step -> department
category -> task

Each task belongs to one department, but a department can have multiple tasks for the same shot.

For smaller projects you often have only a single task per department, but for bigger projects you might want to split the fx or comp work of a shot into multiple tasks so different artists can work on it in parallel.

Hi,

Great! I've been waiting for this integration 🙂

I've tested it on Ubuntu - seems to be working fine. But nothing was being imported when I had "Only sync user assigned tasks" checked. After unchecking it, all shots from Kitsu where correctly imported

Looking forward to new functionality, especially importing task types.

Also, I would suggest, that when in Prism, right-clicking on a shot, and choosing "Open in Kitsu", should open the revisions page, so you can jump right to reviewing a shot. I mean the page on attached screenshot.

Very nice work!

Lukas

Uploaded files:
  • You need to login to have access to uploads.
Quote from lukas on 12. November 2020, 12:29

...Also, I would suggest, that when in Prism, right-clicking on a shot, and choosing "Open in Kitsu", should open the revisions page, so you can jump right to reviewing a shot. I mean the page on attached screenshot...

Thanks for the suggestion 🙂 That review page depends on what task type you want to enter. In your case you're in the Layout type.
I for one have two types for my shot like this:

meaning Prism won't know what page to open. But it's just two presses and you're where you want to be anyway 🙂 (the type and then the "..." next to the review numbers)

You are right! So maybe that will be possible by right-clicking on steps/categories, when it will be imported as well.

Cheers,

Lukas

Good idea! Gonna add it to the wish list 🙂

Quote from RichardF on 12. November 2020, 1:38
Quote from selavfx on 11. November 2020, 17:17

I didn't quite understand the "Steps/Categories" split up in Prism anyways to be honest.

You can think of it with different terms:

step -> department
category -> task

Each task belongs to one department, but a department can have multiple tasks for the same shot.

For smaller projects you often have only a single task per department, but for bigger projects you might want to split the fx or comp work of a shot into multiple tasks so different artists can work on it in parallel.

Thanks for the headsup @richardf !
Like I said, I can imagine that a split up might be needed here and there.
Can you elaborate on how this is solved with Prisms Shotgun integration? Is this supported on the Shotgun side?

Since Kitsu is only supporting a single level in regards to TaskTypes as it looks, I would also vote for mapping the Prism "Steps" and leaving the "Category" aside.
Is there a way to lock the "Category" to whatever the "Step" is, when the Kitsu integration is used?

Quote from Danell on 11. November 2020, 12:04

See this as a beta. It has only bin tested on windows mashine but I have played around with it and can't seem to find any bugs but if you find anything, please report here!

I was randomly klicking, adding and deleting assets on both sides and trying to sync them back and forth and suddenly experienced a little error.
Can't reproduce it though and didn't know what I did exactly either.. sorry for bad reporting - screengrab is attached

Uploaded files:
  • You need to login to have access to uploads.

Hi Danell,
Thanks for your great plugin.

I installed kitsu but I changed its port to 1234 (for some tests) so if I use Kitsu site: 192.168.x.x:1234 -> click Check login, plugin will be hang without response, I must close Blender.

if I use only Kitsu site: 192.168.x.x -> Could not connect to server. Is host URL correct?

When changing port, zou api will  be  192.168.x.x:1234/api

Does plugin support custom port? or I have to use Kitsu's default port (80)?

PreviousPage 2 of 5Next