Join our discord community

Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumPrism: GeneralKitsu plugin release!
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Kitsu plugin release!

Page 1 of 5Next

Finally after some busy times and sickness I'm (hopefully) done with the Kitsu plugin for Prism!

To get the latest version, please check the github: https://github.com/EmberLightVFX/Kitsu-for-Prism
For updates I'll update the informtion below 🙂

To install:
- Download the code from github
- Unzip the zip file
- Rename the folder to just Kitsu
- Place the folder in your Prism installation folder -> Plugins -> ProjectManagers
- Restart Prism.
Your folder path should look like this: Prism/Plugins/ProjectManagers/Kitsu/Scripts and external_modules folder
If it doesn't the plugin won't load.

Features:
  • Sync shots and assets between Kitsu and Prism including frame range, descriptions and thumbnails
  • Sync everything or only assigned shots and assets
  • Open shots and assets in Kitsu from Prism
  • Publish to Kitsu from Renders (If it's an image sequence it will convert it to a temp mov file before uploading and remove the local temp file after)
  • Post sync features:
    • Checks for empty asset types, sequences and episodse on sync and asks if you want to delete them
    • Checks if the other side has shots/assets on sync and asks if you want to sync back
    • You can dissable post sync checks in the settings
  • When creating a new shot/asset in Prism you can add it directly to Kitsu
  • Does work with TV Shows but only Kitsu to Local, not the other way around (folder structure problems atm)
Wanted features:
  • Posibility to sync comment and image from Save and comment within DCC apps
  • Make publishing videos multiprocessing so the user can use Prism while it's uploading.
  • Sync Task Types from Kitsu to Steps in Prism
  • Open kitsus task-page from right-clicking on steps/categories
Todo:
  • Popup saying when uploading data to Kitsu. Currently it just looks like Prism freezes
  • Check for updates in createShots() instead of making the new shot or nothing
  • Check for updates in createAsset() instead of making the new shot or nothing

Note on assets:

Any first folder in the root of the assets folder is the Task Type (Characters/Environment/FX/Props/Custom) and the assets within that folder will be assigned to that task type.
Multiple subdirs isn't supported because of this. It's the only way I could think of to make it work nice with Kitsu while you still get the task types.

Download the zip and unpack it in your prism Plugins\ProjectManagers folder 🙂
See this as a beta. It has only bin tested on windows mashine but I have played around with it and can't seem to find any bugs but if you find anything, please report here!

Download here: https://github.com/EmberLightVFX/Kitsu-for-Prism

Cheers!

v1.0
Changelog:
First release!

Wohoo!

Haven't tested it yet, but thanks a lot already for your effort!

Looking forward to check this out asap!

Cheers!

Hi Danell,
1- thanks for your effort and sharing.
2- just did quick install and apparently it worked perfectly. (connected to my kitsu)

will surely do some deep tech check over next two days and revert if i come up with any issues for help. have a good day. cheers,haseeb

Did a quick test:
Basic functionality is there and works as expected, i.e. creating assets/shots gets created in Kitsu etc - which is awesome!

For now I cannot see the actual asset Task Type (Modeling, Shading, etc) being created on the Kitsu Site and therefore now versions either.
Is this supposed to work or is it only aware of renderings/images?

Thanks again for that first release!

great work @danell And thanks for making it available for everyone.

I'm looking forward to test it soon.

Cheers

Quote from selavfx on 11. November 2020, 14:22

For now I cannot see the actual asset Task Type (Modeling, Shading, etc) being created on the Kitsu Site and therefore now versions either.
Is this supposed to work or is it only aware of renderings/images?

Should have added before but how Assets works is this:
Any first folder in the root of assets is the Task Type (Characters/Environment/FX/Props/Custom) and the assets within that folder will be assigned to that task type.
Multiple subdirs isn't supported because of this. It's the only way I could think of to make it work nice with Kitsu while you still get the task types.

Oh actually, by Task Type (in Kitsu language) I meant the Steps/Categories (in Prism language).
Are they talking to each other? including the versioning on each steps?

Uploaded files:
  • You need to login to have access to uploads.
Quote from selavfx on 11. November 2020, 15:57

Oh actually, by Task Type (in Kitsu language) I meant the Steps/Categories (in Prism language).

Ah I see.
I wanted that to sync but that might come in a later update (or of anyone else wants to jump on and add it 🙂 ). I wanted to release this for people to try out and (hopefully not) find bugs.
The problem I found that I haven't decided how to tacle it is that Kitsu uses one task type while Prism uses two, the Steps and the category.

Maybe the Task Type should just be what ever the Steps is or what do you think?

Quote from Danell on 11. November 2020, 16:17
Quote from selavfx on 11. November 2020, 15:57

Ah I see.
I wanted that to sync but that might come in a later update (or of anyone else wants to jump on and add it ? ). I wanted to release this for people to try out and (hopefully not) find bugs.
The problem I found that I haven't decided how to tacle it is that Kitsu uses one task type while Prism uses two, the Steps and the category.

IMHO, 100% as you suggested. Prism is more open in this context. So syncing kitsu task types to Prism Steps would be best approach.
But second problem (which will be the case most of time) unless people (artist) have changed prism defaults as @selavfx has done in his ref picture.
More Broader (perfect) approach would be adding dict mapping area in settings. its default (left prism steps <-> right kitsu task types). i am also afraid, this would be quite some work.

Ah I see.
I wanted that to sync but that might come in a later update (or of anyone else wants to jump on and add it ? ). I wanted to release this for people to try out and (hopefully not) find bugs.

I was just wondering if I'm potentially doing sth. wrong, that it is not coming trough. But it's totally fine for a later version.
I am superhappy anyways to have a starting point for now 🙂

I didn't quite understand the "Steps/Categories" split up in Prism anyways to be honest. I can imagine that there are projects where someone is using this to fine control certain Steps with different Categories, but in my own projects, Steps and Category is always named exactly the same and I am not sub-categorizing them.
Does anyone know how this is solved in the Prism/Shotgun Integration? Haven't used it so far..

But second problem (which will be the case most of time) unless people (artist) have changed prism defaults as @selavfx has done in his ref picture.

I actually only changed it to test, if I need to name it, as it is in Kitsu in order to make it work (despite the now know fact, that its not implemented yet). You can actually change it on both sides, either in Prism or in Kitsu, but I am with you, a dict mapping would probably be a less error prone method.

Page 1 of 5Next