Join our discord community

Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumPrism: Feature RequestsList of feature ideas
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

List of feature ideas

PreviousPage 6 of 6

This is probably too radical, but I'm a big advocate of using symlinks to have better folder organization. Symlinks can be "virtual" folders inside shot/asset folders that point to common locations - asset libraries, textures, stock 3d models, exported models, render outputs, playblast folders, cache folders etc. This is fantastic for keeping your work files (scenes) separate from all the cr*p generated during project.

Simple example would be - having all rendered files go under 06_Render folder under project root, but having "Rendering" symlink folder under each shot/asset as it is currently. In this scenario you can still access renders like before, but actual files are outside 03_Workflow folder and can be easily deleted/archived etc.

This also greatly simplifies everything and allows you having essentially whatever folder structure you like, without duplicating files - as all symlink folders point to the same actual locations. Symlinks are very popular on linux, but few people use them on windows although it's a very powerful and well supported feature of every modern file system also on Windows.

This is especially important for project cleanup/archiving - keeping rendered sequences, cache files, other temp files etc in separate locations as scene files - this comes in very handy when cleaning project for archiving as files are not mixed up under the scene folders.

@richardf

Hello,

First of all, thank you for your great work on Prism Pipeline. Can't wait for 2.0

I would like to suggest some tiny changes to UI, which make it look a bit more clean.

Lukas

Uploaded files:
  • You need to login to have access to uploads.

Hey @imaginary-pixels,

Prism 2 has some pretty big changes in UI 🙂

OK, good to know 🙂

I saw the FMX presentation, and it was still the old UI there, so I thought there will be no changes.

Lukas

PreviousPage 6 of 6