Join our discord community

Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumPrism: Support / Bug ReportsBlender 2.93
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Blender 2.93

PreviousPage 3 of 3

Hi Animatect, you made my day, it worked like a charm.

Thank you so much!!!

Hi

I have small empty window too

Attached errors

Sorry i'm not familiar with Python, could you help me?

Thanks!

Uploaded files:
  • You need to login to have access to uploads.

Hi Andy, offcourse I will try my best. If you follow Animatect's reply what you have to do is (assuming that you are on windows) run cmd from the start menu (press windows key and type cmd) then the only thing I did was simply copy the command line Animatect told me to run:

pip install PySide2 --target C:\Prism\PythonLibs\Python37

Then hit enter and that should run a quick download for pyside and when it stops you should be good to go. I would recommend you to read the first steps of Animatect's post and replicate them before doing this just in case.

I hope this works for you , All credit to Animatect.

Hey Fernando, hope I can be of some help.
v1.3.0.82 should give you the right result, I've installed it in 12+ PC's and it's working great, so probably the error is on the instalationof the plugin.

My suggestion if you haven't already done so is:

-on prism settings first make sure that the version is indeed v1.3.0.82, this is done on the general tab>about section.

-make sure to run prism as admin and go to the "DCC apps" tab.

-On the blender tab make sure to uninstall all the previously installed plugins.

-After this, press add and set your blender path, should be something like: C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender 2.93.

This should install the the plugin again and set everything right.

If this doesn't work, I would suggest uninstalling and  reinstalling prism as admin (remove any trace of the plugins).

Once you hopefully get it to work it will be missing PySide2, you'll just have to install it on the local prism library, this is done by oppening the windows command line and running:

This is assuming prism is installed on it's default location, if it's not, just modify the "target" on the command to <your prism path>\PythonLibs\Python37

Hope this helps, if it doesn't check on the console for printed errors, if prism is on the right folder (something like C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender 2.93\2.93\scripts\startup\PrismInit.py), it should throw an error at start which would be printed on the blender console (Blender > Window menu > toggle system console), post the error here and I'm sure we'll do our best to help you out ?

Thanks, i have next step)

Now i have this error

Thanks for quick replay

Uploaded files:

Hi @andyshindin 🙂

I'll try to see if I can help you out since I had the same issue as yours with Blender 2.93.5 and just managed to fix it with the help of @animatect, @fernandoa and @richardtest

I'll divide the process into small steps, let me know if anything is unclear:

REQUIREMENTS:

• The latest Prism Update as of today (2021-12-10) is v.1.3.0.82. To make sure you're using the latest Prism-Development files, please download the zipped GitHub repo from here: GitHub - RichardFrangenberg/Prism
  • Download the Prism Dependencies (important scripts/tools to build the Prism-Development version) - you can find the different zip files for all the supported OS here.
  • Prism v.1.3.0.82 was built using Python 3.7, therefore this is the version we should install on our machines.
    You can choose to either download a Portable Version or an Installer of Python-3.7.4 from here (I'd recommend downloading the executable installer at the end of the page and installing that rather than using the Portable Version if you're not a programmer/you're new to Python).

INSTALLATION:

1. Okay now, let's first of all install Python 3.7.4 on our computer. If you have any other version of Python installed on your machine, I'd recommend uninstalling them. (Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs->...).
    At the first step of the software installation, make sure to flag the checkbox asking whether you want to SetUp the PATH for Python. This is an important step that will save us time later on.
  2. To test out if Python 3.7.4 is working well, open the Terminal and type python
    You should get something like this printed in the Console:
    Python 3.7.4 (tags/v3.7.4:e09359112e, Jul  8 2019, 20:34:20) [MSC v.1916 64 bit (AMD64)] on win32
    Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.
    If this is not what you get, you'll need to Setup your System variables, you can find a quick guide on how to do it here.
  3. Let's close the Terminal for now. In our Downloads Folder, let's extract the Prism-development.zip into C:/ (our root folder).
    The path to Prism should be: C:\Prism-development.
  4. Let's go on and extract Prism_v1.3.0.0_dependencies_win.zip (the Prism Dependencies) on our Desktop.
    Then copy the exported folders (Python37; PythonLibs; Tools;) into C:\Prism-development\Prism
  5. Navigate to C:\Prism-development\Prism\PythonLibs\Python37 and delete the folder PySide (yes, delete since Prism will function with PySide2 instead).
  6. Now we need to go on and install PySide2. Let's open the Terminal and run the following commands:
    pip install PySide2
  7. Okay! Now we are ready to Install Prism!
    Navigate to C:\Prism-development and double click on Prism_Setup_Win.bat .
    A pop-up window should open asking whether you want to allow Python 3.7.7 to make changes to your device. Hit Yes and the Setup Prism integrations Panel should open. Double click next to the Blender toggle to set the path of the software ( C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender 2.93 ).
  8. You should be set! Hit WIN + R and run C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Prism\Prism Project Browser to run the Prism Project browser.
  9. Done!

Splendid, thanks for the breakdown there Kher, much appreciated. Just a quick note that I also tried this with 3.0 and while the integration loads, most Prism functions caused a CTD in Blender. Not completely unexpected given that its currently unsupported but figured it was worth flagging.

Cheers!

Blender 3.0 is now supported in Prism 1.3.0.83. Some dependencies have been updated in this version. Updating Prism from the update option in Prism won't add support for Blender 3.0, because this update option doesn't update dependencies.

Please download the latest installer from the download page. No manual replacement of PySide is required with this version. Let me know if there are still any issues. Cheers.

Hi,

I work with Blender 3.2, Prism seems to integrate well but in the Blender software there is only an empty dropdown menu...

Uploaded files:

Hi Arthur, this has been covered at length in a different post, the solution is easy, just do a quick search for 3.1 on this forum and you'll probably find it 🙂

Edit:

Here's the thread:

https://prism-pipeline.com/forum/topic/prism-v1-3-0-83-windows-blender-3-10/#postid-3306

Yes ! Thanks a lot

PreviousPage 3 of 3