Join our discord community

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Blender 2.82 installation issues

PreviousPage 3 of 3

Hi RichardF,

I'm having a hard time with Prism dropdown menu in Blender 2.83 (Prism version 1.3.0.56 - was updated via interface). In Blender I can only see button for Prism but there is no dropdown menu (please find attached image with an error).
My other question: is it possible to run Prism with different Blender versions on different machines?
Your help would be much appreciated and I'm looking forward to any possible solution.

I'm using Win 10 Pro, OS Build 19041.630

Uploaded files:
  • You need to login to have access to uploads.

Hey @andrius

Are you using an unusual system language?

The error means that Prism cannot open a file, because it contains a special character. You should be able to fix it by opening this file in a text editor:

C:\Prism\Plugins\Apps\Blender\UserInterfaces\BlenderStyleSheet\Blender2.8.qss

And then delete the line: Copyright (c) 2016 Pablo Gil Fernández and save the file.

Looks like the á in the name is causing this problem, but it's the first time that I hear from this problem.

Quote from Andrius on 26. November 2020, 14:21

My other question: is it possible to run Prism with different Blender versions on different machines?

Yes of course. In the Prism Settings window you can add the Prism integration to as many Blender versions as you like.

Hi Richard,

Thank you for your reply and tips regarding the special character. Actually I have managed to launch Prism and Blender from different PC. Blender 2.81a and even the latest 2.91 is working perfectly and no issues with a dropdown menu at all!
I hope I'll be able to resolve the previous issue which occurred on my workstation at work now.

Thank you for your fast reply and assistance!

Hey everyone!

In case somebody else has issues with PySide2 and Blender + Prism 1.3 running under Ubuntu, I managed to get it to work.

If you pip installed PySide2 to your system's python (I have 3.7 and 3.8) you can copy that module from either one of those directly into the python folder that ships with blender or you can replace the PySide module that comes with prism.

The exact paths might differ depending on your system. You can run the following command to find your site packages paths. For me those would be existing examples.

python -m site

/home/stefan/.local/lib/python3.7/site-packages
/usr/local/lib/python3.8/dist-packages

Then copy the PySide2 and the shiboken2 folders from either one of those to either one of those:
If you put it into the Prism folder, remove the already existing one beforehand.

/usr/local/blender-2.91.0-linux64/2.91/python/lib/python3.7/site-packages
/usr/local/Prism_v1.3.0.5_Linux/Prism/PythonLibs/Python37/PySide

Only issue I noticed is that all prism windows are blocking windows. So you have to close and reopen the project browser/state manager everytime you want to use it, because you can't control blender otherwise. But that's fine for now 🙂

Quote from stefan on 20. December 2020, 22:23

Only issue I noticed is that all prism windows are blocking windows. So you have to close and reopen the project browser/state manager everytime you want to use it, because you can't control blender otherwise. But that's fine for now ?

Thanks for posting your solution @stefan

The issue with the blocking UIs happens on Linux, but not on Windows. So far I haven't found a solution for that. If you know any other Blender plugins, which are based on PySide2 and which have solved that please let me know.

PreviousPage 3 of 3