Join our discord community

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Blender 2.82 installation issues

PreviousPage 2 of 3Next

Thanks for the provided information guys.

There was actually a recently introduced bug in the latest Prism version, which only occurred when a specific python library was missing. I had it installed so I didn't recognize the problem in the beginning.

That's fixed now in Prism v1.2.1.73. After updating to that version you will see a popup window in Blender, which lets you install the missing library.

Quote from RichardF on 2. May 2020, 14:08

Thanks for the provided information guys.

There was actually a recently introduced bug in the latest Prism version, which only occurred when a specific python library was missing. I had it installed so I didn't recognize the problem in the beginning.

That's fixed now in Prism v1.2.1.73. After updating to that version you will see a popup window in Blender, which lets you install the missing library.

Woah! Yeah that did the trick! Everything looks to be working. Thank you so much.

Works!!!!, you damn genius!!

Hi,

I'm trying to add Blender 2.8 integration in Ubuntu 20.04 using the DCC Apps tab. However only root has access to Blender location (/snap/blender/) so Prism is unable to copy any files there.

How can this be solved ?

Lukas

Hi, i am in same boat ( ubuntu 20 ) blender installed via snap ( latest version always updated ) i am not sure how to install. i have also managed to download blender python zip ( from website ) any ideas how to install

after 15 minutes of above reply.
i tried downloading latest source from github, even put dependencies but still pyside error. primarily because my system has default python 3.8
i manage to install PySide2 via >> pip3 install PySide2 >> but installer still errors out
--------------
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "Scripts/PrismInstaller.py", line 83, in <module>
import PrismInstaller_ui
File "Scripts/UserInterfacesPrism/PrismInstaller_ui.py", line 10, in <module>
from PySide import QtCore, QtGui
ImportError: No module named PySide
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "Scripts/PrismCore.py", line 101, in <module>
from PySide.QtCore import *
ImportError: No module named PySide.QtCore

Hey @lukas and @lalamax3d

you can run the Prism Setup or the Prism Settings with sudo to add the Blender integration to a Blender location which requires root permissions. For example:

sudo '/home/richard/Desktop/Prism_v1.3.0.5_Linux/Prism_setup_Linux.sh'

In the Prism setup dialog you can doubleclick the Blender item to select a different Blender installation:

Uploaded files:
  • You need to login to have access to uploads.

Hey RichardF
1- thanks for support / help  /guidance.
2- just tried latest installer from web (1.3.0.5) >> seems like system python is 3.8 and it prism wanted python3.7 >>
3- thinking about using python 3.7 (version that shipped with blender) >> will keep you posted. thanks again

Good point. I tested Prism only with Python 2,7 and 3.7. The Prism scripts would probably work in Python 3.8, but some of the 3rd party modules in the PythonLibs folders are only working in Python 3.7. If you want to run Prism with Python 3.8 you'd need to replace the PySide2 module with a py3.8 version.

I hope you can find a way to use the python included in Blender or install an additional python 3.7 on your system.

last 30 minutes or so update.
1- truly, prism 1.2 was working fine and i wasn't able to integrate blender. today i found this thread and got stuck in prism 1.3 install. (everything got messed up.
2- i did clean and put fresh 1.2 prism install and hit update (from git) and it took few seconds and update it self to latest 1.3 (wow) thumbs up

3- i have an old blender 2.82 install in home directory (somewhere) >> i gave prism (1.3 updated) this path and it worked (kind off) i mean prism menu start showing in toolbar but hitting / clicking this button not showing any thing, ( some errors ) (which i later found via consolde) log. again they are mostly about pyside. (this is sad)
4- i also did quite a few attempts to tell (latest prism) about my newest blender installs (/home/user/.config/blender) but it won't accept these folders i tried (/home/user/.config/blender/2.83) as well . this also fails.  step 4 blender installations are actually snap version...

will keep you posted (if i managed to run it successfully) thanks again

If you are updating from v1.2.0 to v1.3.0 better download the full package from the downloads page. If you use the updater from github only the python scripts will be updated, but 3rd party modules like PySide won't be updated with that.

Prism expects a Blender installation path, which contains these folders: "2.82/scripts/startup". If this startup folder is not in your Blender installation folder then Prism will give you the popup that it's an invalid Blender path.

PreviousPage 2 of 3Next