Join our discord community

Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumPrism: Feature Requestsprism and kitsu
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

prism and kitsu

PreviousPage 4 of 5Next
Quote from User on 24. October 2020, 10:50
Quote from RichardF on 23. October 2020, 4:49

It would be interesting to test setting it up on AWS Beanstalk or Google App Engine. With their free tiers it should be possible to run a few smaller remote projects without or with very low costs.

I've set up a test on google cloud via Kubernetes Engine. took a bout 10 mins. I couldn't get it to work on google cloud run but so far so good with Kubernetes Engine.

That's great to hear. Keep us posted with your experiences if you plan to use this solution for a while.

It seems to be ok, kitsu seems a bit buggy or maybe it's because I'm running it via the docker image, not sure.
For Kubernetes Engine here is the install process if anyone wants to give it a go (I am a google cloud Noob FYI so there might be a better way to do this):

1. Go to: https://console.cloud.google.com
  2. Create a project or use an existing one.
  3. Click on Container Registry > Images.
  4. Open up the terminal.
  5. Pull the docker image from docker hub: docker pull cgwire/cgwire
  6. Tag the image you just pulled: docker tag cgwire/cgwire gcr.io/YOUR PROJECT NAME/cgwire/cgwire
  7. Push the new repository you tagged into the container registry: docker push gcr.io/YOUR PROJECT NAME/cgwire/cgwire
  8. The Repo should show up in the list or repositories, click on the 3 dots on the right side of the cgwire repo and click deploy to GKE from the drop-down.
  9. Go to the Kubernetes Engine in the main menu
  10. Click on Services & Ingest.
  11. Click on the new service that was created.
  12. Click on the External Endpoints IP link
  13. It should take you to the kitsu login page.

Hopefully this helps someone 🙂

Uploaded files:
  • You need to login to have access to uploads.

I have been able to join nextcloud + onlyoffice+kitsu + deadline + in the same miniserver with celeron processor

Uploaded files:
  • You need to login to have access to uploads.
I forgot to mention that cg-gwire is working on "Kitsu publisher"
https://gazu.cg-wire.com/publisher.html
Quote from User on 26. October 2020, 23:50

It seems to be ok, kitsu seems a bit buggy or maybe it's because I'm running it via the docker image, not sure.

What kind of bugs did you experience?

Quote from c17vfx on 27. October 2020, 3:21
I forgot to mention that cg-gwire is working on "Kitsu publisher"
https://gazu.cg-wire.com/publisher.html

Is it open source? If yes it might be possible to connect it directly to Prism.

I think kitsu is open source?

The bugs/issues I was getting were:

- some UI update issues using chrome browser when using the project time-line tool.

- Kitsu would log me out whenever I uploaded a version.

- the password on the kitsu login page had to be typed manually each time I logged in

- the kitsu install deleted all the projects one time which was a bit shocking... I didn’t press a delete button or anything so maybe this was on the GKE side? Not sure...

I’m not sure maybe the docker image is old? I didn’t really investigate or try to debug, these were just things that happened when I was testing it out.

I thought it might be an extension, which is not open source, but luckily it is:

https://github.com/cgwire/kitsu-publisher

Deleting all projects is really the worst case bug. Sure it was only a quick test and maybe there's an explanation for it. Before using it in production I'd run some longer tests though.

kitsu docker

It is not recommended to use this image in production. It is aimed at testing purposes.

Quote from c17vfx on 27. October 2020, 15:41

kitsu docker

It is not recommended to use this image in production. It is aimed at testing purposes.

Yep but if you have no idea how to install it any other way it's better than nothing 🙂

Is there a guide how to set it up without docker?

PreviousPage 4 of 5Next