Join our discord community

Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumPrism: Support / Bug Reportsnuke menu
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

nuke menu

PreviousPage 2 of 2

Can you open the script editor in Nuke and check what error you get when executing this:

from ruamel.yaml import YAML

This is the error that appears on nuke:

from ruamel.yaml import YAML

# Result: Traceback (most recent call last):

File "<string>", line 1, in <module>

File "C:\Prism\PythonLibs\CrossPlatform\ruamel\yaml\__init__.py", line 60, in <module>

from ruamel.yaml.main import * # NOQA

File "C:\Prism\PythonLibs\CrossPlatform\ruamel\yaml\main.py", line 9, in <module>

from importlib import import_module

ImportError: cannot import name import_module

I never saw that error before. After some googling it looks like it gets caused by some other outdated python modules. Maybe you have some other plugins or a custom python environment, which is causing that.

I really don't know 'cause I have reseted my pc 1 week ago and only environment variables I have are only for Yeti (groom & hair) for arnold.
(for more info I have Unreal Engine, Bridge Megascan, Nuke, Mari, Zbrush, Substance Painter, Maya 2019-2020, photoshop, world creator).

Will try to find the error and check inside the .nuke folder if there is some issues with gizmos.

Thank you again and I'll let you know more if I'll find the cause!

Quote from RichardF on 26. January 2021, 0:06

I never saw that error before. After some googling it looks like it gets caused by some other outdated python modules. Maybe you have some other plugins or a custom python environment, which is causing that.

I found the error. In my .nuke folder I have init file that brings all nukes plugins and gizmos to my external NAS. The folders contains another Init with all menu settings and paths to load for custom menus. Evem if I add the string to __init__ in prism and delete file in .nuke it causes errors the same.

How can I add my script: "nuke.pluginAddPath("X:/nukerepository/plugins")" to prism init without causing errors?
Thanks!!

Hi there Richard!
I've found definitely the cause of issues.

Inside my repository I have installed plugin Element Browser  (http://www.nukepedia.com/python/ui/element-browser) and if I load Nuke via Prism I have the errors mentioned before, while if I delete this plugin it's going well with all my gizmos and plugins.

Do you know what could be causing the errors?

If you want I can paste the string that I add to Nuke init and menu's file.
Thanks!

I had a quick look at that plugin and get the same result as you. The problem seems to be the importlib folder in the ElementBrowser folder. If you delete it Prism works fine and also the element browser works fine without it.

Perfect!
I've already try it and it works well!

Thanks!!

PreviousPage 2 of 2