Join our discord community

Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumPrism: Support / Bug Reportsnuke menu
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

nuke menu

Page 1 of 2Next

Hi, I've just installed Prism but I'm not seeing the menu in Nuke. Do I need to add something to my nuke path?

Thanks

S

No, you don't need to do anything manually. Does the Project Browser open when you launch Nuke? Is there any error in the Nuke console when you launch Nuke?

Prism modifies a file in the Nuke user preferences so that it gets loaded during startup. Check if it contains some lines of code, which include "Prism" C:\Users\username\.nuke\menu.py

Thanks for the reply, Richard.

Maybe the issue is that I don't have a menu.py in my .nuke folder. My menu.py is on a shared drive which nuke picks up via a path in a global variable. I'll add an empty menu.py in the .nuke folder and see what happens

🙂

All good. reinstalled and nuke integration seems to have been successful .

🙂

Great to hear that you got it working.

You could also combine the content of both menu.py files in the file on your shared drive. If you install the Prism Nuke integration to your shared drive, Prism would add it's code to your existing menu.py automatically. It's not necessary that it's in the default .nuke folder as long as it's in any path that Nuke is searching for a menu.py file.

Hey Richard,

following up on this post, I cannot see the Prism menu in Nuke (as displayed in the integration documentation).

While I understand the project browser opens up automatically on startup, If I accidentally close it, the only way to get it back is restart Nuke.

Any ideas why the menu won't show up?

Thanks

@yoavdolev Which version of Nuke are you using? Are you using the latest Prism version?

Also check the console window of Nuke, the black window which is usually behind the Nuke window, and check if there are any errors printed. Some errors are only printed to the script editor in Nuke so it's a good idea to check that as well.

Hi there!
First things first, I really appreciate your work and it's very complete in all!

I'm using Prism 1.3.0.65 and I have some issues with Nuke 12.1.v2.

When I set steps and categories for nuke and is trying to open file: 01_v001.nk prism shows error:

Couldn't load module

"Module "ruamel.yaml" couldn't be loaded. Make sure you have the latest Prism version installed" 

"The Prism preferences file seems to be corrupt.

It will be reset, which means all local Prism settings will fall back to their defaults.

You will need to set your last project again, but no project files (like scenefiles or renderings) are lost."

and after appears window: Set Project - Open Existing Project - Create new project.

It seems like Prism can't find the properties, reset all setting and loses project with my account. After that I need to set up directory againg and write my First Name and Last Name.

I've tried to uninstall and install back prism but the error is still there.

Have any idea about how can I resolve this error?

Thank you so much!!

Welcome @ypalis

Can you check if you have this folder in your Prism installation: \PythonLibs\CrossPlatform\ruamel\yaml

Do you have any similar issues in Prism Standalone or in any other DCCs besides Nuke?

In the future it would be better to start a new thread here in the forum.

Best,
Richard

Thank you!

The folder yaml is present into prism directory.

I have this issue only on Nuke. In Maya it's going very well and the same for deadline!

I've tried to create the project both locally and on the network but the error persists.

Page 1 of 2Next