Join our discord community

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Not running on Houdini 17.5

Page 1 of 2Next

Hi
I don't have prism shelf on Houdini 17.5 but everything is okay with Houdini 17.
Also I get this error when Houdini come up.

Uploaded files:
  • You need to login to have access to uploads.

Houdini 17.5 is absolutely supported by Prism. I'm using it all the time.

Did you just install Prism or was it working before and suddenly it stopped working?

Your attached image shows only the end of the error. I would need to see the complete text in the Houdini console (when you scroll up) to see what caused the problem.

Maybe you can already fix it by opening the Prism Settings dialog and in the DCC Apps tab you can add the Prism integration to the Houdini 17.5 preferences folder. You can overwrite it if it exactly exist. That would fix any unintended modification to the Houdini Prism integration files.

Actually we have this problem with one pc and prism work well with other pcs.
About DCC apps in settings I have done the integration multiple times but nothing happen.

This is the full error message :

05/07/19 10:24:05 ERROR - Prism_Plugin_Houdini v1.2.0.0:
File "C:/Users/tabasimohsen/Documents/houdini17.5/python2.7libs/pythonrc.py", line 3, in <module>
import PrismInit
File "C:/Users/tabasimohsen/Documents/houdini17.5/python2.7libs\PrismInit.py", line 9, in <module>
pcore = PrismCore.PrismCore(app="Houdini")
File "C:/mnt/ams_tools/prism/windows\Scripts\PrismCore.py", line 195, in __init__
self.updatePlugins(app)
File "C:/mnt/ams_tools/prism/windows\Scripts\PrismCore.py", line 211, in func_wrapper
return func(*args, **kwargs)
File "C:/mnt/ams_tools/prism/windows\Scripts\PrismCore.py", line 327, in updatePlugins
result = self.startup()
File "C:/mnt/ams_tools/prism/windows\Scripts\PrismCore.py", line 211, in func_wrapper
File "C:/mnt/ams_tools/prism/windows\Scripts\PrismCore.py", line 523, in startup
result = self.appPlugin.startup(self)
File "C:\mnt\ams_tools\prism\windows\Plugins\Apps\Houdini\Scripts\Prism_Houdini_Functions.py", line 65, in func_wrapper
erStr = ("%s ERROR - Prism_Plugin_Houdini %s:\n%s\n\n%s" % (time.strftime("%d/%m/%y %X"), args[0].plugin.version, ''.join(traceback.format_stack()), traceback.format_exc()))

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\mnt\ams_tools\prism\windows\Plugins\Apps\Houdini\Scripts\Prism_Houdini_Functions.py", line 62, in func_wrapper
File "C:\mnt\ams_tools\prism\windows\Plugins\Apps\Houdini\Scripts\Prism_Houdini_Functions.py", line 73, in startup
if self.core.uiAvailable:
AttributeError: PrismCore instance has no attribute 'uiAvailable'

That looks like the Prism Houdini plugin doesn't come from the same Prism version as the PrismCore script. Did you copy the Prism Houdini Plugin from a different computer maybe? Or did you try to update your Prism version and it failed in the middle?

In the Project Browser go to the Help menu and click on "About..." to see the version of the Prism Core. That should be at least 1.2.0.5. To make sure the Houdini Prism plugin is compatible to the Prism Core, I would recommend that you update Prism to the latest version (v1.2.0.16 at the moment). You can do that very easily in the Prism Settings dialog. In the "Miscellaneous" tab, click on "Update Prism" and select "Update from github".

Okay, I'll try it.
Thanks

hello, got the same problem, it seem to happen when you launch houdini from the prism tray, we get the PrismCore issues

prism work when launching houdini directly.

Have you added the houdini-17.5 to the prism integrations?

Cheers,

Manu

Quote from SciMunk on 15. July 2019, 10:52

hello, got the same problem, it seem to happen when you launch houdini from the prism tray, we get the PrismCore issues

prism work when launching houdini directly.

Maybe the tray did not restart automatically after the update? At least that would explain the error message. But for me Prism works fine when I open a Houdini scene from the standalone Project Browser. Can you try to restart the tray icon and check if it still shows the same error in Houdini?

I noticed this error since a few week, I've been too busy to report it then, I doubt it was caused by the recent update.

however, I realised the message isn't exactly the same for me :

15/07/19 21:17:16 ERROR - PrismCore v1.2.1.1:
File "prism_browser", line 3, in <module>
File "C:/Prism\Scripts\PrismCore.py", line 221, in func_wrapper
erStr = ("%s ERROR - PrismCore %s:\n%s\n\n%s" % (time.strftime("%d/%m/%y %X"), args[0].version, ''.join(traceback.format_stack()), traceback.format_exc()))

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:/Prism\Scripts\PrismCore.py", line 218, in func_wrapper
File "C:/Prism\Scripts\PrismCore.py", line 1273, in projectBrowser
QMessageBox.warning(self.messageParent,"Warning (ProjectBrowser)", "Could not find project:\n%s" % os.path.dirname(os.path.dirname(curPrj)))
AttributeError: PrismCore instance has no attribute 'messageParent'

The variable "messageParent" is usually undefined when there was already another error before. I just improved this behavior so that you should see only a window with the actual error message and not this one.

Page 1 of 2Next