Join our discord community

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Naming and Structure flexibility

Hi everyone!

Richard, first of all, I would like to thank you for the stunning work you did with Prism. So far I tested Prism just for my personal work and it's superb, the more I work with it, the more I love it. And I'm looking forward to trying the new version 2.0 and USD!

I have a couple of questions about the customization of the projects in Prism, I hope not to repeat threads.

1. Lowercase paths. For an upcoming team project I'm planning to use Prism, but I will need to have all paths and filenames lowercase. I understand (https://prism-pipeline.com/forum/topic/is-it-possible-to-modify-the-default-project-folders-and-states-at-project-creation/) that it is possible to edit the project main folders' names and categories preset upfront, but is it possible to change the default subfolders names too (I mean "Assets" and "Shots" as well as "Scenefiles", "Rendering", etc.) so that the entire path is lowercase? How? Would it break Prism functionality in any way?

2. Asset Variants and shot grouping. Unfortunately Prism doesn't seem to support asset variants and folders for shots (i.e. for episodes of the same project). For my small personal projects it wasn't a problem since I hadn't episodes and could make separate assets instead of variants, but having these two features for that future project mentioned above would be way easier. Any workaround to improve this kind of flexibility?

Thank you in advance,
Dario