Join our discord community

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Is it possible to modify the Default Project Folders and states at project creation?

Hello Richard,

In our studio we use custom project folders and steps, as well as plugins.

As we work on a lot small projects, we are creating a lot of Prism Project, and each time we have to modify the default folder structure, steps names, empty scenes, plugins folder, ...

Would there be a way for us to setup a preset ? I saw that the defaults are written in Projects.py but I'm sure that modifying this code is not recommended.

It's not urgent at all and I'm sure that you already have plenty of things to do, but wanted to ask, just in case.

Thanks again for your tremendous amount of work and have a good day !

ValDo

I would second this as we are in the exact same situation 🙂

Hey guys,
We manage this by modifying some lines in Projects.py :

Prism\Scripts\PrismUtils\Projects.py

Default folder structure:

lines:[614,620] → Modify folders name as you want (the first string of each array), don't modify "Scenes*" and "Assets*" and for new folders, just type "Default" as second string. cf 02.JPG

lines:[560,566] → You can also add some subfolders adding line like "os.path.join(prjPath, dailiesname, "Image")" (to add a subfolder "Image" in the dailies Folder), cf 03.JPG

Default steps names:

lines:[432,443] → I think you can change them here, we didn't try to modify this, but I think this should work cf 01.JPG

Empty scene:

You can find the original emptyScene in your local drive: C:\Prism\ProjectFiles\EmptyScenes
Seems like Prism copy these scenes when you create your project.

Plugin folder :

As the emptyScenes folder, you can find a plugin folder here : C:\Prism\ProjectFiles\Plugins

(We are working on 1.3.0.59 so not sure of the accuracy of line index)

Of course, if you choose to modify some lines in Project.py , you need to modify it again everytime you Update prism.

I hope it helps,

LÊo, Tsunami Studio

Uploaded files:
  • You need to login to have access to uploads.