Join our discord community

Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumPrism: GeneralKitsu plugin release!
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Kitsu plugin release!

PreviousPage 4 of 5Next
Quote from ValDoMenhirFX on 15. December 2020, 10:40

Hey Danell, I replaced the plugin with your latest version, and it seems that there is no popup asking me where I want to save the preview.

Here is the breakdown of what I do and what it does on Kistu's side :

• Creating an asset in Prism
  • It creates the asset in Kistu
  • Creating tasks in Kitsu, assigning me on one of the tasks,
  • Creating an assetpreview in Prism
  • No pop up, no assetpreview in Kistu

The asset preview is not important, and I don't want to annoy you, the work you have done is already time saving !

Ah I see. Right now I don't think it's updating the assetpreview if the asset already exists in Kitsu. Will be something I'll look into in the future.

But if you add the preview before syncing to Kitsu, then the preview will go with it.

@danell great job! Will try it this year as soon as we set up Kitsu in our pipeline! 🙂

Hello @danell !

We are using your plugin every day and are super thankful for that!

We are experiencing some issues from time to time while syncing Kistu and Prism, the plugin is throwing some errors here and there, locking us from updating our shot list for example.

Do you think that it would be possible to use warning instead of errors in some non-essential issues? For example, we are experiencing issues regarding some shot previews, and don't really need them. It would be really nice to have the info that something went wrong but the script kept going, skipping the preview part maybe?

Find attached the screenshot of the error!

We fixed the issue by putting a random image as preview on Kitsu.

Again, we are really really thankful for the plugin, let us know if we can help in any way (unfortunately we don't have any dev here 😐 )

Cheers,

ValDo

Uploaded files:
  • You need to login to have access to uploads.

Hi @danell !

Thanks so much for this super cool plugin! Well done!

I've been receiving this error when trying to publish to Kitsu with the bottom-right-corner preview right click action. Occurs both with exr sequences and generated mp4 previews.

I believe it's actually something related to my zou / gazu preview file configuration rather than the plugin, but I'm wondering if you have clues?

Thank you again!

Uploaded files:
  • You need to login to have access to uploads.

Having the same issue, any idea? I'm using the docker version, if it can help.

I couldn't replicate the error myself but I did my best to try and fix the problem. Please download the latest version from github and try it: https://github.com/EmberLightVFX/Kitsu-for-Prism If you're still getting the problem, could you screencapture your whole flow so I can recreate it on my end. Thanks!

Also, what version of Zou (what's driving Kitsu) are you running? You can check this by going to your Kitsu url and add /api/ in the end. Eg if your Kitsu url is https://cg-wire.com/mykitsu the new url should look like https://cg-wire.com/mykitsu/api/

EDIT: I just got information back from cg-wire (creators of Kitsu) that it's the file itself that has the problem.

It's when the video is normalised
If you have a wrong file, it cannot normalise it.
I don't really know what to do with that information but when I get some more info about it I'll be able to move forward.

I got some answers from cg-wire about the bug. The problem lays in the process of converting the uploaded footage to a readable mp4 in Kitsu.
Mostly this is caused by an older FFmpeg version on the system that Kitsu is running on.
So update your FFmpeg version and try again 🙂

awesome - thank you @danell !

We're up and running!

Note to all - if you are using underscores in your assets in Kitsu, while these will copy to Prism where you can define processes, any generated scene files will generate in the folder structure but will NOT display in the Prism version history at all. Avoid any "_"s in your asset, scene or shot names to be safe.

Spent hours trying to zero in on this problem...!

Pete

Quote from petertimberlake on 12. February 2021, 22:45

awesome - thank you @danell !

We're up and running!

what version of ffmpeg are you running? Am trying to publish the resulting exr render to kitsu and am getting ffmpeg errors on the prism client side and also kitsu isn't displaying any published render

thanks, pete

PreviousPage 4 of 5Next