Join our discord community

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Fusion 9.0.13 Prism menu tab does nothing at all

Page 1 of 3Next

Hi,

all 5 menu-entries do nothing when clicking on them. Nothing in the Fusion Console either

I'm on Win10 and just installed the latest python package 3.9.0

thank you

As far as I know Fusion doesn't support Python 3.9.

To run Prism in Fusion you need to install Python 2.7

(https://prism-pipeline.readthedocs.io/en/latest/index/feature_reference/#fusion)

Best,

Richard

I think Python Python 3.6.8 is also supported in F9

Thank you. Is a reinstall of Prism needed to get it working? System reboot?

Quote from Danell on 5. November 2020, 10:35

True, but the PySide2 libraries, which are shipped with Prism are for Python 3.7 only. That means you need to install PySide2 yourself either for Python 2.7 or 3.6. For example by executing this in the windows powershell:

pip install PySide2

Quote from mraw on 5. November 2020, 11:02

Thank you. Is a reinstall of Prism needed to get it working? System reboot?

No, you don't need to reinstall Prism and a system restart is also not possible. Just make sure you installed Python and PySide2.

Thank you. The power shell gives me this:

PS C:\Users\mr> pip install PySide2
pip : Die Benennung "pip" wurde nicht als Name eines Cmdlet, einer Funktion, einer Skriptdatei oder eines ausführbaren
Programms erkannt. Überprüfen Sie die Schreibweise des Namens, oder ob der Pfad korrekt ist (sofern enthalten), und
wiederholen Sie den Vorgang.
In Zeile:1 Zeichen:1
+ pip install PySide2
+ ~~~
+ CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (pip:String) [], CommandNotFoundException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException

pip is a package manager for python which allows you to easily download other python packages.

Looks like pip isn't set up yet on your computer, but you can do that easily by following this guide:

How To Install PIP to Manage Python Packages On Windows

thank you. This will give me:

DEPRECATION: Python 2.7 reached the end of its life on January 1st, 2020. Please upgrade your Python as Python 2.7 is no longer maintained. pip 21.0 will drop support for Python 2.7 in January 2021. More details about Python 2 support in pip can be found at https://pip.pypa.io/en/latest/development/release-process/#python-2-support pip 21.0 will remove support for this functionality.
Collecting pip
Downloading pip-20.2.4-py2.py3-none-any.whl (1.5 MB)
|################################| 1.5 MB 1.7 MB/s
Collecting wheel
Downloading wheel-0.35.1-py2.py3-none-any.whl (33 kB)
Installing collected packages: pip, wheel
Attempting uninstall: pip
Found existing installation: pip 7.0.1
Uninstalling pip-7.0.1:
Successfully uninstalled pip-7.0.1
WARNING: The scripts pip.exe, pip2.7.exe and pip2.exe are installed in 'C:\Python27\Scripts' which is not on PATH.
Consider adding this directory to PATH or, if you prefer to suppress this warning, use --no-warn-script-location.
WARNING: The script wheel.exe is installed in 'C:\Python27\Scripts' which is not on PATH.
Consider adding this directory to PATH or, if you prefer to suppress this warning, use --no-warn-script-location.
Successfully installed pip-20.2.4 wheel-0.35.1

pip install PySide2 will give me the same error as above.

Try this in the windows command prompt:

C:\Python27\Scripts\pip.exe install PySide2

Quote from RichardF on 5. November 2020, 11:40
Quote from Danell on 5. November 2020, 10:35

True, but the PySide2 libraries, which are shipped with Prism are for Python 3.7 only. That means you need to install PySide2 yourself either for Python 2.7 or 3.6. For example by executing this in the windows powershell:

pip install PySide2

Isn't Python 3.7 (inc PySide 2) included in the Prism installation? Isn't that the python Prism is running on or does it use the system installed python?

Page 1 of 3Next