Join our discord community

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Use MayaCmd instead of mayaBatch plugin in Deadline

Hi Richard!

Is there any possibility to switch off the "use mayaBatch plugin" and use MayaCmd when I submitting render via Deadline in Prism?

Thanks a lot!

Yahor

Uploaded files:
  • You need to login to have access to uploads.

Currently only by changing the Prism Submission python script.

Why do you prefer the MayaCmd plugin?

I have different problem with maya batch plug-in when rendering via deadline.

Example:

I've launched sequence of 200 frames and some of them (random frames) got the same fails errors (less or more 76 errors "failed maya batch render plugin. quit the job"). After other 20 errors it started rendering.

I've tried submit the job via deadline turning off the maya's batch plugin and the rendering didn't get any error.

How can I set up the preference to use maya CMD instead of Batch plug-in?

Thank you!!

If the MayaCmd plugin has no disadvantages over MayaBatch I would consider to use it as the default. Would collect some more feedback from other Maya users first though.

If you already want to change it for your Prism installation you can find this file in your local Prism installation and edit the marked line in a text editor:

https://github.com/RichardFrangenberg/Prism/blob/23274e156776d956a137630e735c2d2e2140b59d/Prism/Plugins/Apps/Maya/Scripts/Prism_Maya_Functions.py#L1757

Perfect! I corrected the prism file and now it's going fine.
MayaBatch is usefull for speedup the rendering times by removing the license check up before to start every frame during sequence render. In my case I have some problems and only way to correct them is change the Prism_Maya_Functions.py