Join our discord community

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Unwanted Suffix (Maya)

Hello !

I am a Prism newbie and at the moment I am trying to merge my alembic export with a textured .ma file. The thing is, at some point a suffix called "Deformed" appears on my animation scene, at the end of every object that has a rig. It's very annoying because it means we have to break the reference to add this suffix to every object before being able to merge them together in a scene (alembic is very fussy...).

Do you have any idea why this happens and how to fix it ? Any tip would be greatly appreciated. And if this issue doesn't concern prism I'm sorry, I'm not sure what causes it.

Thank you

Uploaded files:
  • You need to login to have access to uploads.

Mh, I haven't seen this before, so I'm not sure what caused that. Does is happen every time you import a specific alembic file into your Maya scene? If you can reproduce it, maybe you can send me testscene, so I can reproduce the problem here and maybe I find the reason for that.

@magnus You did a lot of rigging in Maya and Prism. Did you ever notice a similar problem?

Nope, never. Not sure what steps you did @GarlicWaffle to get to this point. Did you import an alembic to maya using prism?

We've searched for a bit and apparently this issue happens when you try to do skin on a reference, and it's a Maya issue.

Thank you for your answers !

Interesting behavior. Good to hear that you found the reason for that.

Just an head up that it not a maya 'issues', but a normal behavior, creating any 'deformer' to a mesh will create a 'Deformed' version of the mesh, while the original mesh is then hidden and used as 'rest' state.

Thanks for the clarification. That makes sense.