Join our discord community

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Support of cryptomatte pass

Hello, could it be possible for prism to officially suppor the cryptomatte pass ?

it seem to have some difficult when importing it for exemple :

prism import :

/Bilby_Character_v0002_cryptomatte.####.exr

when the name of the file was :

Bilby_Character_v0002_cryptomatte.0001.cryptomatte.exr (produced using prism render export and redshift)

and maybe spawn a cryptomatte node instead of shuffle in nuke ?

thanks !

Why the hell does Redshift handle the filepath of cryptomatte differently than for other AOVs?

I just added a special handling for cryptomatte in the render state so the output name has now the same structure as other AOVs. I also changed the "shuffle" node to a "cryptomatte" node in the Nuke layout when "cryptomatte" is in the filename.

Prism uses the $AOV variable in the outputpath of cryptomatte now. In the Redshift forums the support mentioned a Houdini bug, that underscores could disappear before or after this variable. For me it works fine, but if someone recognizes any problems with this let me know.

https://www.redshift3d.com/forums/viewthread/22530/

Thanks for the fix, I'll probably ask for another feature for the aov and the use of altus denoiser command line to denoise a render!

I had a look at altus a few years ago when it was just released. But since then there were so many other denoising tools released and I haven't heard anything from altus for some time. But if it's still a good and used denoiser I'd be happy to support it in Prism.