Join our discord community

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

StateManager Export - unwanted new TaskName

Hello,

First off I want to thank you for the crazy good work on this pipeline! I am extremely happy to be using it.

I am experiencing a weird issue that never happened before.

I have prepared some props in Blender, and I want to publish them under the TaskName "Layout", however when I go to the State Manager, then create the Export task, the TaskName gets updated automatically to "Layout_#" where # is an incremental number, and even if choose the TaskName "Layout" present in the list dialog, it won't be selected. (please see attached gif)

The problem is that if I publish with TaskName "Layout_1" all the other files in which this prop is imported through the State Manager will not see the update because it is pointing to the prop with TaskName "Layout" and can't know my new publish is in "Layout_1".

The problem occurs after every publish, so for example if I publish a newly created file it will be published with TaskName "Layout". If I publish a second time the TaskName will be "Layout_1". Publishing a third time the TaskName will be "Layout_1_1" and so on.

Any idea what could be a solution?

Thanks and cheers!

DCC: Blender 2.92

Prism v 1.3.0.80

The project was created on Prism v 1.3.0.70

Uploaded files:
  • You need to login to have access to uploads.

I'm having the exact same issue! Any help would be appreciated

I think it might be a bug with the latest Prism, as my colleague tried the same thing with v 3.0.75 and it was the correct primary version

Would be great to get this fixed please in latest version

This happens because each export state has it's own collection in the Blender scene. If you already have a collection called "Layout" in your scene and you create a new export state, Blender will create a new collection "Layout_1" because there can't be two collections with the same name in the scene.

If you delete the existing collections it should fix your problem.

There was no change to that in a recent update, so older versions should behave like the new one.

yes! That was it, in fact there was a collection named "Layout" as Orphan Data.

Thanks a lot 🙂 ! Cheers!

Thanks! Will give that a go today