Join our discord community

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

State Manager - Importer randomly disappear (Maya)

Hi Richard,

I'm currently having problem with ImportFile randomly disappear in State Manager. Let me describe the problem in detail below.

Info:

• Project created on server with Prism 1.2.0.0
  • Prism on artist Machine updated to 1.2.1.31
  • Rig created from Project 1 (episode 1) and and shots was animated with this rig just fine.

Issue:

Episode 1 is approved, I would like to continue to episode 2 so I create a new project (Project 2). When importing the rig, instead of using "Import custom files" feature in "Import Task" which takes me quite long to find the correct exported rig in Window Explorer. Therefore, I set the project back to Project 1 so I can see the exported rig right away in "Import Task". After importing the rig, I set the project back to the Project 2 and save the file by "Create new version from current" function.

With steps as above, the artist can continue updating the rig from Project 1 and the shots in Project 2 still recognise if the rig has been exported with newer version. It works okay for awhile but sometimes the "ImportFile" in State Manager doesn't show up so I can't update the rig when there is a newer rig version. I wonder what cause the problem? Is that because the rig was created from another Project and State Manager doesn't accept that? If that the case, is there any way to have the rig exported universally through all project so artist doesn't have to use "Import custom files" in Import task? Animators don't remember the complicated folder setup so they avoid using "Import Custom Files" at all cost.

Please help me on this issue.

On the other hand, I found your Prism has been helping me a lot on organising files. I wonder how I could donate a bit of money to you. Me and my friend would like to help fellow artist to keep this amazing software growing strong.

Thanks you, Richard.

Giap.

Hey Giap,

I'm not sure why the ImportFile states disappear. There shouldn't be any problem with the workflow that you described. Is it completely random when this happens or is there any pattern which could help me to reproduce the problem?

Actually there is a new feature, which I added to Prism not so long ago, which could help you a lot. If you have 1.2.1.31 installed, you can already use that feature.

In the Prism project config (\00_Pipeline\pipeline.ini) You can specify any custom exports paths. For example you can add this to the config:

[export_paths]
project1 = D:\projects\project1

This will make the path available in the "outputpath" dropdown in the export state settings and in the "location" dropdown" in the import task dialog. That way you should be able to display all you exports from your old projects in the "import task" dialog of the new project.

Quote from giapvo on 14. November 2019, 5:41

On the other hand, I found your Prism has been helping me a lot on organising files. I wonder how I could donate a bit of money to you. Me and my friend would like to help fellow artist to keep this amazing software growing strong.

Thanks a lot. I would appreciate that very much and it would greatly benefit the Prism development. On the downloads page on this website you should see a donate button, where you can send me a donation through paypal. If you don't have paypal but still want to support the development you can send me a mail to contact@prism-pipeline.com and we can figure out another way.

Cheers,

Richard