Join our discord community

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

[Solved] Maya inits two Prism Browser windows on startup.

We solved this problem, but since a few people on the production had this problem I thought it was worth a share.

When starting Maya, the script editor threw me this error:

Spoiler
# Traceback (most recent call last): # File "C:\Prism\Scripts\ProjectScripts\ProjectBrowser.py", line 525, in enterEvent # QApplication.restoreOverrideCursor() # AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'restoreOverrideCursor' # Traceback (most recent call last): # File "C:\Prism\Scripts\ProjectScripts\ProjectBrowser.py", line 391, in <lambda> # self.tw_aFiles.leaveEvent = lambda x: self.tableLeaveEvent(x, "af") # File "C:\Prism\Scripts\ProjectScripts\ProjectBrowser.py", line 288, in func_wrapper # exc_info = sys.exc_info() # AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'exc_info'

This caused Prism to create two Project Browser windows on startup.
I'm not sure when or how this happened, but inside of the maya userSetup.py Prism had inserted the following code twice:

Spoiler

#>>>PrismStart
from maya import OpenMaya as omya

if omya.MGlobal.mayaState() != omya.MGlobal.kBatch:
try:
import PrismInit
pcore = PrismInit.prismInit()
except:
print "Error occured while loading pcore"
#<<<PrismEnd

This seemed to be the cause of the error and removing one of the parts solved the problem.

Thanks for posting this solution. I found the problem for this behavior and fixed it in the latest Prism version. So that shouldn't happen again.