Join our discord community

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Setting up Prism next to Shotgun and Load Prism Integrations from Network?

Hi,

I am wondering how we could setup prism in a shotgun workflow.

For example, in the current flow we have a before_app_launch hook that executes before Shotgun launches a DCC.
this hook set's up our NUKE_PATHS for the show (Template, Show Settings, Global Studio Settings).
Is there anywhere I could point NUKE_PATH to pickup Prism as an integration instead of having to install it on each machine?

(Same goes for other DCC's).

If not, where can I find what files each DCC loads as integration?

Prism uses a menu.py file to add the Prism integration to Nuke. This menu.py file gets copied to the default Nuke startup directory by default (C:\Users\richa\.nuke\menu.py). But this file could be in any directory, which is in the NUKE_PATH environment variable.

https://learn.foundry.com/nuke/developers/100/pythondevguide/startup.html

So you could create a directory on your network and add it to the NUKE_PATH in the" before_app_launch" hook. Then you open the Prism Settings dialog and in the "DCC Apps" tab you can add the Nuke Prism integration to that network folder. This will create a menu.py file and when you start Nuke it will load the Prism integration from that folder.

If you want to know, what files are used to integrate Prism into the DCCs, you can go to the Prism installation folder and in the app plugins you see an "Integration" folder. For example for Nuke this would be: C:\Prism\Plugins\Apps\Nuke\Integration. The content of this folder is not used directly by any DCC app. When you set up an integration in the Prism Settings dialog, Prism will copy the contents of this folder to the target directory and it also replaces the string "PRISMROOT" in menu.py with the location of the Prism root folder.