Join our discord community

Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumPrism: GeneralRender with vray for Houdini
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Render with vray for Houdini

It is my first time using Prism for a project and I don't know where to start if I want to use prism to create a render state for my vray rop node. The [Rnd] button only shows Redshift and Mantra and the States from Nodes can't seem to find any vray node. Am I missing something obvious or can you point me in the right direction?

I guess you are using Prism v1.2.0? In this version only Mantra and Redshift were supported by Prism. In the latest Prism version Vray and Arnold are also supported. You have to update your Prism version. The current version is v.1.2.1.31. To do that you can open the Prism Settings dialog and in the miscellaneous tab you can use the "Update Prism" button to get the latest version from github.

Then you can connect your Vray ROPs to the State Manager.

Thanks a lot! I was not aware I was running an older version. We just downloaded it from the website.

I will update the link on the website soon. It's quite a bit of effort to create and upload new executables. That's why push small features and fixes to github and only for bigger releases I update the installer on the website.