Join our discord community

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Render previews not visible in DCC apps

PreviousPage 2 of 2

Thanks for debugging this problem.

I'm still using Fusion 9 and it looks like it doesn't contain imageio, which explains why I have no problems.

imageio-ffmpeg is basically the same ffmpeg, which is already included in Prism (Tools/FFmpeg). So I'd like to avoid having the requirement to download it again.

What happens if you change the Python version in Fusion from 3.6 to 2.7? Imageio 2.8 requires Python 3 so I would expect you cannot even import it when you are using Python 2.7 in Fusion.

I agree that the best solution is probably to use imageio from Prism. Python will import the imageio, which it finds first. To make sure it finds Prisms imageio first you can add the module path as the first searchpath like this:

import sys
sys.path.insert(0, "C:/Prism/PythonLibs/CrossPlatform")
import imageio

Awesome! That solved the problem!
I simply needed to add it to the code that opens the browser. I made sure it looks in the prismRoot so the URL isn't hardcoded.

I'm trynig to fix one small problem (the prism ui opens twice when Fusion starts) and after that I'm ready to push an update out 🙂

Hm.. It seems like oiio isn't loading inside of Fusion :S

After some searching I got to this error message:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\Ember\Google Drive\Program\Fusion\Settings\Scripts\Prism\3 Project Browser.py", line 45, in <module>
from oiio22 import OpenImageIO as oiio
ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found.

I'm running Python 3.6
So it seems like it finds the module and all but fails to load the OpenImageUI.dll...
The standalone works wonderful, only the Fusion one fails. Any idea on what might be causing this?

The OpenImageIO included in Prism (C:\Prism\PythonLibs\Python37\oiio2) is compiled with Python 3.7 which means that it depends on some dll files from a Python 3.7 installation. To import oiio into Python 3.6 you would need to compile oiio with Python 3.6 instead.

Maybe you can find an oiio build online, but otherwise you'd have to compile it yourself.

Prism standalone runs with Python 3.7 so it can import the included oiio without problem.

Ah that makes sense! Thanks for the info! Gonna try and do that 🙂

PreviousPage 2 of 2