Join our discord community

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

RBD material fracture

Hey anyone have issue exporting when they are using the RBD fracture material in a dopnet?

I have a simple RBD fracture setup, when I try to cache it or render it with prism it gets stuck cooking the rbdmaterial fracture.  When i do it from directly from houdini its instant. It trys to cook it even when I have simulations turned off. The work around for the render was to just create a new scene with the render geo. Going to to upgrade from 17.5.406 to the latest houdini version and see if its houdini bug.

That's actually a Houdini bug which I reported already a while ago. During the publish Prism executes the hou.fileReferences() python function from the Houdini API. This function causes the recooking of the rbdmaterial fracture node, which is actually not supposed to happen as the sidefx support told me. Unfortunately it still seems to happen in Houdini 18 so it's not fixed yet. I'll contact them again to check if they are planning to fix that soon.

Thats a pain. Thanks for letting me know.

It's bug #99716 in the Side Effects bugdatabase and it's still an open issue. Feel free to send them a mail and refer to that id. Maybe they prioritize it then.