Join our discord community

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Project on a server / files not showing

So i'm currently testing a few things on a server.

Usually on a local machine, Prism works without a flaw. But i just tested a new project saved on a server (\\192.168.x.xx\Project)

When i create a scene prism saves it on the server but it never shows up inside the project browser. I can work and increment my scene, nothing is there. I need to set this up with some of my students, this makes things difficult. I just updated the last prism version (1.2.1.31)

I also tested the "Use additionnal local project folder". It does create new scenes in local but will it automatically save them on the server?

Thanks in advance for your time

I can't test it on an actual server right now, but I just tested it to create a new project on my local computer over it's network path: \\192.168.174.1\tst\prj001

That seams to work fine and all the scenefiles are visible in the Project Browser.

So the projectpath should be fine for Prism. Maybe there are some network/permission settings in your network, which don't work well with Prism, but that's hard to say without being able to reproduce the problem.

The "use additional local project folder" option creates a local folder and saves normal scenefile increments there. Whenever you publish through the State Manager, the scenefile will be copied to the global/server project folder. You can also right click on local scenefiles anytime in your Project Browser and move them to the global folder if that's necessary for a specific file.