Join our discord community

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Prism+BLENDER | Collections import and loosing referecing when importing published state

Hello RichardF!

Not sure if this is a bug or feature request.
Feel free to change the sub forum where this post is located or let me know if you'd like me to do so.

We bumped into something that might worth a check.
We use collections to swap our LOD on the assets and other things.
Have a look at this GIF, it explains the workflow

To better describe it:
We create a master collection, and within it, we created another collection for a high poly mesh and another one for low poly, to make animation easier. Then we go to our animation file and only link the MASTER collection, afterwards we go to instancing and blender understands that we have two collections as children that we can swap(even individually). <3

The problem is: When import the published Scene(.blend) through the state manager it seems that we loose the collections referencing system and end up importing the group as loose items.

This Gif shows what we get when importing through Prism.

Is there a correct workflow to keep taking advantage of the collections instancing, or it's a matter of updating prism to make it work?
Thank you for the time and patience in advance.

All the best
Raf

Hello, just following!

bump!

I'm not sure if state manager supports collections for export. what I do is activate export the whole scene

When @raf created this thread it was not possible to link collections from an exported .blend file. In the current Prism version this is possible so you can use collections as instances as shown in your first gif.

@c17vfx

It's not possible to export individual collections at the moment. Exporting the whole scene like you already do is the way to go.

is what I have been doing, but it will be possible that a file can be updated when it is linked by "link" or "override" without having to delete the previous imported.

my workflow

https://youtu.be/-zmrs2zlJrA