Join our discord community

Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumPrism: GeneralPrism 1.3.0 released
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Prism 1.3.0 released

Page 1 of 2Next

A new version of Prism is available for download now. Version 1.3.0 adds many new features and bugfixes.
Completely free and open source.

Go to Downloads

The following list contains some of the new features since v1.2.0.
A full changelog can be found here.

Support for more renderers and platforms

[expand title="More"]Support was added for 3Delight, VRay, Arnold and Octane in Houdini.
Blender is supported on Linux now and Photoshop support on Mac was added.[/expand]

Support for the latest DCC versions

[expand title="More"]The latest versions of all supported DCCs are supported now. This includes Houdini 18, Blender 2.8 and 2.9, Maya 2020, 3ds Max 2021 (Python 2.7) and Nuke 12.[/expand]

Framerange presets, single frame and expressions

[expand title="More"]Different framerange presets are available in the export, playblast and render states. These include:
- from State Manager settings
- from current scenefile
- from current shot context
- from node (Houdini)
- single fame
- custom per state

For renderstates you can also use frameexpression to render multiple frames with stepping or specific single frames[/expand]

Asset description, preview and categories

[expand title="More"]Assets contain steps and categories like shots now. Previews and descriptions can be set for each asset. New previews can be set by capturing an area of the screen.[/expand]

Save and load rendersetting presets across your project

[expand title="More"]A new Render Settings state lets you save and load presets for rendersettings. It can be used to execute multiple renderings with different settings with a single publish. This state is available in Houdini and Maya.[/expand]

Save your renderings in different image formats

[expand title="More"]Renderings can be saved now as .jpg and .png besides .exr. Photoshop images can be exported as .exr and .psb files.[/expand]

Support for audio in Maya playblasts

[expand title="More"]Playblasts in Maya can be saved as .avi or Quicktimes with audio from the timeline.[/expand]

Python 3 support

[expand title="More"]Prism 1.3.0 uses Python 3.7 by default when executed standalone. Inside a DCC Prism will use the available Python version (2.7 or 3.7). Python 3 makes it possible to support modern libraries and add more advanced features in the future.[/expand]

Changelog with all new features

Go to Downloads

thank you so much for the great update

Thank You, Richard, for this update!

Thank you so much for this great update !

Hi Richard,

Is Houdini 18.5 supposed to work with Prism? I just tried it and I don't get the menu. I'm on Prism 1.3.0.40 on Linux. Anything I need to do to make it work?

Thanks

Hey @squinones,

yes Prism 1.3.0.40 is working in Houdini 18.5. Did you add the Prism integration to the Houdini preferences in the Prism Settings window?

Ah!, Yes, added it and it worked perfectly.

Thanks!!

Hello everyone and thank you Richard for this amazing project.

I'm using houdini 18.5 and planning to use Octane with it so I'm currently testing it's demo version with Prism. Seems to work well but I can't find a way to export AOVs with the state manager like I did with Redshift though. In fact there's no "Render Passes" dialog box with Octane. Anything I do wrong or is it just not implemented yet?

Many Thank.

L.

Uploaded files:
  • You need to login to have access to uploads.

Thanks!!

Quote from zoko on 30. April 2021, 22:50

Hello everyone and thank you Richard for this amazing project.

I'm using houdini 18.5 and planning to use Octane with it so I'm currently testing it's demo version with Prism. Seems to work well but I can't find a way to export AOVs with the state manager like I did with Redshift though. In fact there's no "Render Passes" dialog box with Octane. Anything I do wrong or is it just not implemented yet?

Many Thank.

L.

Hello,

AOVs for Octane in Houdini are not implemented yet. However if you render a multichannel exr file from your ROP node you should be able to render the AOVs, without needing to add them in the State Manager.

Cheers,

Richard

Page 1 of 2Next