Join our discord community

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

[Nuke 12.2v3 Indie] Prism doesn't start (Temporary fix found!)

Good evening!
I just got an Indie license for Nuke 12.2v3. I cleaned the .nuke folder, added the integration back via Prism settings. However I realized Prism wouldn't launch when I opened Nuke, no Prism menu is created, despite the fact the menu.py only contains the latest prism code.
Nuke indie is based on Nuke Studio, and since the first line of the code is checking if it's a Studio env, I thought it would work if I tried to remove the first condition and it actually works! It's probably quite dirty since you may need this first line in some cases, but this is probably a good temporary fix for users using a Nuke indie license!

Cheers!

Uploaded files:
  • You need to login to have access to uploads.

Hey Thomas,

removing this check would cause Prism to load in Nuke Studio, which probably would fail and maybe throw some error warnings.

There must be a way to check if the menu.py is called from Nuke Indie or from Nuke Studio.

Unfortunately there is no trial for Nuke Indie so I cannot check it at the moment.

Quote from RichardF on 16. November 2020, 14:15

Hey Thomas,

removing this check would cause Prism to load in Nuke Studio, which probably would fail and maybe throw some error warnings.

There must be a way to check if the menu.py is called from Nuke Indie or from Nuke Studio.

Unfortunately there is no trial for Nuke Indie so I cannot check it at the moment.

Hey Richard!
It doesn't seems to cause any issue since I removed this line, all good on my side. Nuke Indie is actually a modified version of Nuke Studio according to Foundry (https://learn.foundry.com/nuke/content/getting_started/meet_nuke/about_indie.html), this is why it's linked to the Studio environment. I'll try to have a look if there is a way to check this. I'll let you know asap!
Thanks

hi there,

just bought INDIE... not really happy with the indie, i would just like to fire up nukex instead... well
@thomasbattistetti your "hack" is not working for me, when i open it without that line, i'll get this error and nukeindie won't open....

help would be highly appreciated

thanks in advanced

philipp

Uploaded files:
  • You need to login to have access to uploads.

now it works, here is the explanation of @thomasbattistetti (he was so kind and answered via a different channel)

The fix is really easy...
So close nuke, create a bkp of your init.py and menu.py then remove them (or rename them)
Then go to prism settings -> DCC Apps -> Nuke and you will see 'prism integration'. If its not empty, select the path then remove it . If it is empty, click add and write the path to your .nuke folder (should be ssomething like C:\Users\NAME\.nuke )

Then open the init.py and menu.py in a note pad, delete the line "if not nuke.env["studio"] and nuke.env.get("gui"):"
and a very important step is to remove the indent to every line that's under the line you just deleted

(If you use notepad++ / sublime you can select all the lines needed and press shift+tab to remove the indent)

thanks again it works for me now too
philipp