Join our discord community

Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumPrism: Support / Bug ReportsMaya 2020 issues
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Maya 2020 issues

Hi Richard,

First of all thank you for making this awesome utility - I love it!
I've used it for a few projects in Maya 2019 and never ran into any issues but when upgrading I did.

Going through the State Manager I've run into a few issues that has been fairly problematic with no warnings or errors giving me further information.

When I try to press "Publish" either exporting a scene as .ma or .mb nothing happens. No errors, no nothing - it simply does nothing.
The same issue with trying to render through the State Manager - when I press it nothing at all happens.

I can however Publish things as .fbx or .abc etc - simply not the native Maya formats it seems. Nor render through it.

Any thoughts as to what might be causing this?

Many thanks,
Jack

Hey Jack,

I just tested what you described in Maya 2020, but everything seems to work exactly as in 2019. Which Prism version are you using? Have you tried it in a simple test scene like exporting a box as .ma in a completely new scene?

Is anyone else having problems with Maya 2020?

Hello! Im having the same problem, im not being able to publish in Maya and also im not able to select the path location using prism menu, i need to do it on a windows explorer window and past the path in the prism menu.. Any idea on how to fix this?
Thx!!!

Make sure you are using the latest version by updating in the Prism Settings:

https://prism-pipeline.readthedocs.io/en/latest/index/feature_reference/#updating-prism

Do you have the problems with the path dialog only in Maya or also when you open Prism standalone tools from the windows start menu?

Thx Richard.. Mi bad, i was thinking that my version was the last one,, but look like not, now everything is working fine..
Thx again!