Join our discord community

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

List all files, not just the ones supported (especially obj, alembic...)

Hi, First time I come across Prism. Great. Wonderful to see many software applications supported.

I make trees in SpeedTree. While it isn't necessary to have SpeedTree supported as a software, I'd like to be able to see the file listed under files.

So I create a folder trees, I create a tree asset, set the step to Modeling. I right click in the files section, choose open in explorer, I see the path where I need to save my SpeedTree file. I should be able to have it listed there, and when I double click on it it should launch just as if I would double click in Windows explorer.Now the file section is just empty but I will have at least ten of those assets.

Once the tree is made, I export to obj and alembic. I would like to be able to see the obj and alembic files listed there as well.

Same applies to Cloth, it's in Marvelous Designer. For Fluid in Real Flow, for organic scuplts in ZBrush, for Hard surface in 3D Coat, for terrains in Worls Machine and  the list goes on. There is no need to support all these, but there is a need to see them in the list.

For the terrain, I'd like to add the heightfield (image), texture (image), as well as the obj and alembic.

Can you just open it in such a way that: if windows explorer can list it, Prism should list it. Because now, my list is totally empty while there are plenty of files for each asset. DCCs are the final stage of everything.

By the way there is a step called research, which I believe is the references part of assets, well this is images.

Supported is one thing, listed is another.

Uploaded files:
  • You need to login to have access to uploads.

I just added support for unrecognized filetypes in Prism v1.2.1.33. There is now an "Other" checkbox below the scenelist in the Project Browser which lets you display and open other fileformats.

For now these custom files need to follow the Prism naming template in order to be visible in the Project Browser e.g. {ASSET}_{STEP}_{CATEGORY}_{VERSION}_{COMMENT}_{USER}_{EXTENSION}