Join our discord community

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

importing latest version of abc (merging on to model) maya 2018.4 Windows 10

Hello,

When I import the abc and merge it on to the model it works perfect first time but then I import latest version of abc and if doesn't stay merged (connect) to model.   Is there a trick to this or is it a bug?

Cheers,

Jeremy.

Hey Richard,

I did a recording to demonstrate this isssue - might help.

As gif (but no audio) and a google drive link to hear the audio)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jvQQMvqOpBY8SWhmtKflaaQVwqrJolzJ/view?usp=sharing

Please let me know what you think?

Cheers,

Jeremy

Uploaded files:
  • You need to login to have access to uploads.

Hey Jeremy,

this should be fixed now in v1.3.0.67. Let me know if that works for you.

Cheers

Hello Richard,

Thank you for the update but it still happens.   It appears to update fine on intial creation, then a second update but a 3rd it doesn't

I have emailed you the files so you test your self if that helps. (secret squiral files please delete when finished with them).

Cheers,

Jeremy

Also another note about the caching

For our existing pipeline we define what needs to be exported as .abc and .rs at the modelling and rigging stage.  This then filters all the way through the pipeline to make sure only the required objects are exported.  This helps with the automation and keeps things clean and simple.  Would be great if this could be defined at the modelling stage and auto carried across to the rigs too.   Perhaps an addtional button on the export state manager (see image) .  This would create/define the set for rs. and .abc.   Maybe a right click with options, abc, .rs,  other..

see the image attached.

Uploaded files:
  • You need to login to have access to uploads.

Hi Richard,

Touching base on this one to get the .abc importing/merging better? (thank you for getting back to me on the others)

As the .abc paramtters aren't exposed in prism perhaps you can set as:

-uvWrite -worldSpace -writeUvSets -writeVisibility -writeColorSets -wholeFrameGeo -dataFormat ogawa

I think it's currenlty missing this one: "-writeUvSets"

Cheers,

Jeremy

Thanks for the files. They gave me some weird results when applying a cache to the selection. Maybe because I'm on a different Maya version than you. However I think I found the problem and this will be fixed in the next update (v1.3.0.68).

I also added the uvsets flag to the alembic exports, but I think the flag is called -writeUVSets though.

The .rs sets workflow sounds like a different topic. I'm still not sure how exactly that would work, but we can discuss it in a different thread.

Great - will test when released.

Cheers,

Jeremy

This version is released now.

works a treat!  Thank you