Join our discord community

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Get error message when a plugin is put in the project's plugin folder

I created a plugin that added an app to the empty scene right click menu and it works fine if the plugin folder is placed in the Plugins folder in the local installation folder, but when I put it in project/00_Pipeline/Plugins I get an error message every time I open Prism. I attached an image of the error message. Any ideas what might be going on? If it helps, I am working on the same project as metzlerh and ryanbreuer so everything that they have said pertains to me as well such as working over a network drive via a vpn.

Note: I can put the app's empty scene in project/00_Pipeline/EmptyScenes and everything works assuming that the plugin is in the Plugins folder in the Prism local installation folder.

Uploaded files:

• You need to login to have access to uploads.

There was a bug in Prism that only plugins of type "custom" could be loaded from the project plugin folder. I just fixed it in v.1.3.0.8 so that app plugins can be loaded from the project folder as well.

You can use the update options in the Prism Settings to get this fix from github.

Hi richard, I am running into this error also trying to load a project plugin and im on your latest github fix and still receiving the same error message is there anything else I can try?

Uploaded files:

Hey Reece,

that was caused by a slightly different error, but it's fixed now in v1.3.0.9

Cheers

The plugins work in v1.3.0.9 thanks!

There's two things would help out a lot

1. Allow project plugins to reside in Apps, Custom, ProjectManagers, and RenderfarmManagers folders just like in the installation folder. Right now they are only recognized if a given plugin folder is in the root Plugins folder. This would just help me keep everything organized.
  2. Allow modified default plugins placed in the project plugins folder to override the same plugins in the installation folder. I want my team members to be able to use the TextureFolderExample plugin, but it is disabled by default. It would be nice to be able to just put the enabled plugin in the projects plugin folder so everyone can have it rather than having to go into everyone's installation folder and enable it individually.

I've run into another problem. I believe that Prism will not accept changes or will not remove any plugins that are placed in the projects plugins folder. I put my zbrush plugin in the project plugin folder and it worked as intended. I then noticed that I was using the wrong file extension that I needed to fix, but when I edited the variables file, nothing changed in the Prism Browser. It still was looking for the original file extension. I then decided to delete the entire zbrush plugin folder and start over. I did that, but the plugin still shows up in the Settings->Plugins list. When I right click and click open in explorer, I get this error

Uploaded files:

You have two very good points there. I'll implement both very soon.

When you modify one of the plugin files you have to either use rightclick-> reload in the plugin list on your plugin, click  or you have to restart Prism. Opening the Prism Settings from the Tray doesn't reload Prism. You'd need to restart the tray as well or open the Prism Settings from the windows start menu directly.

The error in your screenshot was a bug that could happen for disabled plugins. It's fixed now in v1.3.0.10.

Quote from mortensm on 26. August 2020, 1:10

There's two things would help out a lot

1. Allow project plugins to reside in Apps, Custom, ProjectManagers, and RenderfarmManagers folders just like in the installation folder. Right now they are only recognized if a given plugin folder is in the root Plugins folder. This would just help me keep everything organized.
  2. Allow modified default plugins placed in the project plugins folder to override the same plugins in the installation folder. I want my team members to be able to use the TextureFolderExample plugin, but it is disabled by default. It would be nice to be able to just put the enabled plugin in the projects plugin folder so everyone can have it rather than having to go into everyone's installation folder and enable it individually.

Both points are added now in v1.3.0.11.

How to use the plugin "TextureFolderExample", can you record a simple gif to explain it, thank you very much!