Join our discord community

Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumPrism: GeneralGeneral assets library
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

General assets library

We're looking to bring Prism into the studio as a whole and for that we need to be able to add out entire assets library into the system - publishing and exporting via state manager as required. Is there a way, be it natively or could be added as a feature, to have a general repository that assets (3d models, stock footage etc), could be called on. If we are to ensure that the entire pipeline stays within Prism, then the library also needs to be retained within it.

thanks

pete

I guess your existing library has a specific folder and naming structure. Prism couldn't understand that out of the box.

You could implement some kind of asset library by creating a library project where you work on your assets and export them. In your other projects you can add a custom export location in the project settings, which lets you import assets from your library project.

It's not a ideal library and you couldn't ingest your existing assets easily, but having a dedicated asset library would be a new tool in Prism, which takes some time to develop.

Cheers,

Richard

yeah it has a defined structure; changing that will take time to do, but if it means getting things implemented into the system neatly then it's fine. If custom exports allow for cross-project importing / exporting then this might be the solution. I'll check it out.

thanks

pete

ok so I tried it but couldn't get it working. created a new project and imported assets, defined them in the Asset Looked stage, loaded into blender then exported via state manager.

Created a new Shot project to test the import, defined the path and generated a shot. In the additional Export locations in the new Shot project, I couldn't determine a location for the new Shot project's state manager to load in the information from the Asset Library project.. tried a bunch of location but no luck. Any idea which folder location I should be choosing for it to register? A clear step would be very helpful as importing and setting the states is lengthy but totally doable.

Thanks

Pete

You need to set the toplevel project folder as the additional export location in your shot project.

There was a bug though that exports from that asset library project won't be visible in the shot project unless an asset with the same name exists in the shot project. I'll fix that for the next update.

ok, so the project folder’s root or the Pipeline sub-folder?

ok will wait for the update. Please let me know. Thanks!

pete

It's the project folders root.

I just uploaded v1.3.0.77 whith the fix.

OK - confirming this is resolved and is working correctly, however has generated a couple of bugs. Will post those separately in the relevant forum..

Pete

Does this work in version 1.3.0.80? I have to create empty folders in the project in order to pull files from the library