Join our discord community

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Fusion - activating scripts

I'm having trouble getting the prism scripts to show up in Fusion 9. I've installed the latest python release "python-3.7.0" and reinstalled prism. I shtere any additional steps I should do?

Are you sure Fusion works with Python 3.7? You can try if the Python console in Fusion works. I'm using Fusion 9.0.2 and in the preferences it looks like only Python 2.7 and 3.6 are supported by Fusion:

Uploaded files:
  • You need to login to have access to uploads.

Thanks for the rapid reply. I just intalled 2.7, and now I can see the prism scipts in the drop down in fusion, but nothing happen when I click them. I'm using Fusion 9.0.2 build 15 and this python install: "python-2.7.amd64.msi"

Is anything printed to the console after you clicked one of the scripts?

After a few hours of installing/uninstalling every possible version of python I finally got it to work ?

I got this version: https://www.python.org/downloads/release/python-2715/  and downloaded this one: Windows x86-64 MSI installer (Fusion only works with 64 bit version of python)

On install you have to activate the "add python.exe to PATH", else Fusion won't find it.

I also installed Python 3.6 and it seems to be working fine, using the same steps.

Maybe it could save others the troubleshooting if this was added to the documentation?

Thanks Magnus for taking the time to troubleshoot this. Yes I'll add that information to the documentation 🙂

hi,

I relive this post because I'm testing version 16 of fusion and it doesn't seem to work. install python verion 2.7

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Blackmagic Design\Fusion\Scripts\Prism\3 Project Browser.py", line 49, in <module>
from PySide.QtCore import *
ImportError: No module named PySide.QtCore

Hey,

have a look at this thread: https://prism-pipeline.com/forum/topic/fusion-9-0-13-prism-menu-tab-does-nothing-at-all/?part=2#postid-2262

Summarized: You have to install PySide for your Python 2.7.

thanks richradF!