Join our discord community

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

extend asset tab to include library of generic plates and assets

Big feature request here, if there was a way to somehow link up my large library of stock plates, generic sims, textures, downloaded models, and maybe even sounds and have that available in the prism asset tab (or a new fourth library tab) which was available regardless of which project is currently active, that could be super useful.

it could still be very similar in layout to the current asset tab as some of the stock elements may even have working files.

I wouldn't mind having to follow a new naming convention either as my current library is hard to navigate and is a hodgepodge of downloaded packs like action essentials among a few others.

food for thought!

That would be a useful feature for sure. I started planning an asset library already, but haven't found the time to actually work on that.

I would create a new tool for that, independent of the Project Browser. But ideally it could be added as an additional tab as well.

If you already have a big library you probably don't want to rename everything. So it would need to have a very flexible structure.

Adding sounds is a good idea and if you have other ideas for features we can collect them here.

Awesome!

I'll just list a couple ideas

Maybe having the original folder structure available but then using a tag/labeling system, you could re-organize it and view it under a new structure. (i.e. tagging both "action essentials" and "fx elements" folders as "stock elements" would reorganize their sub-folders in the prism menu under one "stock elements" folder)

A search function and thumbnail grid view would be very useful as well and if it could detect when a folder contains only a single image sequence, view that folder as if it were that sequence.

Incorporating the convert to mp4/mov system you already have for image sequences would also help since exr sequences can really chug when scrubbing through them.

all super simple ideas lol thanks for the quick responses! loving the latest updates