Join our discord community

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Deadline Nuke Configuration/Installation Issue -- 'WritePrism': unknown command

Hey Richard!

I'm running into an issue when trying to render with deadline and the WritePrism Gizmo in Nuke.

=======================================================

Error

=======================================================

Error: [16:23.33] ERROR: WritePrism3: 'WritePrism': unknown command. This is most likely from a corrupt .nk file, or from a missing or unlicensed plug-in. Can't render from that Node.

at Deadline.Plugins.PluginWrapper.RenderTasks(String taskId, Int32 startFrame, Int32 endFrame, String& outMessage, AbortLevel& abortLevel)

I have installed Prism on our server and pointed to it in the menu.py and init.py of our nuke configuration.

On each machine everything regarding Prism works fine (Write Node, Project Browser, Saving, Settings etc.).

The moment I submit the task to deadline, the same machine gives me the error via deadline monitor.

Every other plugin/gizmo is hosted the same way and works both through deadline as well as directly.

Probably I made a mistake when installing it or it somehow conflicts with already installed plugins etc.

Do you have any advice on where to start debugging/ obvious mistakes I could have made?

Thanks in advance!

Best,

Jakob

we are seeing the same behavior here. would love to know how to fix it as well ! 🙂

This is a known limitation at the moment.

The problem is that Prism is not loaded in non-gui sessions of Nuke and because of that Nuke can't find the WritePrism gizmo.

You can try to load Prism in non-gui sessions by copying the Prism code from the menu.py to the init.py file. However in some versions of Nuke this caused problems, which is the reason why it's disabled by default currently. I think in Nuke 12 it was working fine, but in Nuke 13 it was causing some annoying slowdowns.

Thanks for the reply!
I'll try loading everything in init.py 🙂

For now we copied the gizmos to groups as a workaround. Everything works and when you dive inside the node you can submit the default nuke Write node to deadline. @maelfr