Join our discord community

Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumPrism: Generalcustom Plugin / shot path
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

custom Plugin / shot path

hello, I want to execute some code when prism creates a shot or an asset (like adding custom folders and some default files).

when I look at the definitions in Prism_PluginEmpty_Functions.py like the follwing:

def onShotCreated(self, origin, sequenceName, shotName)

I don't see a variable giving the shot path, whereas it seems to exist for asset creation:

def onAssetCreated(self, origin, assetName, assetPath, assetDialog=None)

is it possible to add it, or is there another way to get this path ?

(sorry if this has been asked before, couldn't find the answer in previous posts)

thanks !

or is there a way to get the project path within the onShotCreated def ?

In the onShotCreated function you can use this to get the shot path:

shotPath = self.core.getEntityPath(sequence=sequenceName, shot=shotName)

The project path is accessable like this:

projectPath = self.core.projectPath

thank you !

Hi Richard,

the plugin creation and execution went well, however I have this warning when opening Houdini:

WARNING:PrismUtils.PluginManager:skipped loading plugin customFolders - plugin has no init script

fyi our Prism folder is on a central location on the network (no local install)

Is "customFolders" the plugin you just created? In your preferences under you have this file %userprofile/Documents/Prism/PluginPaths.yml which you can open in a text editor. It contains the path to the plugin, which you created. In the pluginfolder you should have this file: \Scripts\Prism_customFolders_init.py. If it's not there then you would get the warning, which you mentioned.

Quote from maelfr on 4. November 2021, 13:32

Hi Richard,

the plugin creation and execution went well, however I have this warning when opening Houdini:

WARNING:PrismUtils.PluginManager:skipped loading plugin customFolders - plugin has no init script

fyi our Prism folder is on a central location on the network (no local install)

Hi Maelfr.

Can i ask how you got prism to work on several computers by only having it installed on a server? That would be really interesting to know how to do:)