Join our discord community

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Custom "Default" folder structure

Hello.

New to Prism, but really liking it so far, seems like a solid tool!

Is there any way to create a new set of default folders or folder-template that will be loaded every time a new project is created? I know additional folders can be added and names changed, but I would like to not have to do the same changes whenever a project is made.

Also looking to get the studio i work at into Prism, and a new custom template for the folders would be a big help, so that no matter who creates a new project, we can always choose our "studio-template" and minimize errors.

As for as I can tell this isn't possible inside the "Create Project" UI, but is there a file I can alter to always get a different set of folders? And if that is possible, I would assume not to touch the "00_Pipeline" folder?

Thanks!

Project folder presets are on my to-do list, but not implemented yet.

The default folders are defined in this python script: https://github.com/RichardFrangenberg/Prism/blob/83c15c02a3b9856699df7b1074930ecb5011ee1d/Prism/Scripts/CreateProject.py#L198

Feel free to edit this file in your local Prism installation.

If you are a bit comfortable with python you could also create a Prism Plugin and use the "onProjectCreated" callback to create additional folders when a project gets created.

The 00_Pipeline folder is required by Prism. You can add files and folders in that folder, but be careful when you remove files from that folder.

Altering the CreateProject.py file worked like a charm =)

Thanks Richard!

is not the same in the new version right? i did not know where to change it :C

found it! thanks to Leo Tsunami Studio in another post 🙂