Join our discord community

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Crashing when taking the screenshot

PreviousPage 2 of 2

No the shelf wouldn't be causing that kind of issue. The only thing to make sure is that this file loads Prism only once and from the correct location: \Documents\maya\2020\scripts\userSetup.py

It sounds more like some module in the Maya environment is causing a conflict. I'm surprised that the previous code snippet creates the same output as the one before. That would mean line 90 causes the error. Can you try to run just this:

import sys
print(sys.modules["PySide2.QtCore"].__version_info__)

Are you loading any other plugins, which might load additional python modules? It might be worth testing to run the snippet before loading a scenefile and with default preferences so that no 3rd party plugins are loaded (not even Prism).

So I have animTools/aTools loaded into Maya. That should be the only plug-in I use! If you think it could be interfering with Prism, I can definitely try to remove it and see if it fixes any problems! I'll try to remove that and Prism in a little bit and see if I get any more success.

In the meantime I ran the code again for this scene, I got a syntax error when running it. Here is a picture.

Uploaded files:
  • You need to login to have access to uploads.

Okay, so I may have figured out where the problem is coming from.

I tried the screengrab code from before when I turned off the VPN and just used an empty scene from my computer. Everything worked fine. I tried again with an empty scene while I was connected to the VPN, and it crashed. I don't think it directly has to do with Prism, but the code you sent me is definitely having issues with our VPN..which is strange, because it works fine when we screengrab inside of Prism. Do you have any thoughts about this or any potential solutions?

Here's what the code looked like when it worked successfully with the VPN turned off.

Uploaded files:

Sorry for the delayed response, I'm glad you and @ryanbreuer were able to make some progress! I have a similar and slightly different problem. Originally when I created this thread I had issues with the Prism shelf not showing any of the buttons. My initial workaround was loading the shelf manually and that is when I ran into the screenshot issue. From there I deleted Maya's preferences folder, the Prism shelf, and a "delete file" that I'm assuming Maya created. After that, I ran the DCC apps section in prism to add the Prism integration back to Maya then launched and was able to get screenshots working with one caveat. Now whenever I screenshot it will save and do everything properly (I think) but I still get this error.

Uploaded files:

On further inspection, I found that I did, in fact, get the screenshot but the OBJ export itself failed to export.

@metzlerh

This error during the .obj export is fixed now in v1.3.0.6

Good to hear that you could fix the screenshot issue by resetting the preferences folder.

@ryanbreuer

Did you try to reset your preferences like metzlerh did? It might be some old broken piece of code in there causing that issue. I can't see an obvious reason how the VPN could affect the screenshot feature other that Maya is loading some additional plugins/modules from the VPN connected server.

PreviousPage 2 of 2