Join our discord community

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

checkForUpdates error

Hi Richard.

I've recently updated to v1.2.0.11 and I'm now getting this error when clicking save in the PrismSettings dialog box.

Prism\Scripts\PrismSettings.py", line 361, in saveSettings
cData.append(["globals", "checkForUpdates", self.chb_checkForUpdates.isChecked()])
AttributeError: 'PrismSettings' object has no attribute 'chb_checkForUpdates'

My limited Python knowledge doesn't enable me to figure out how to correct the error, apart from commenting the line out. I've also tried changing the line to:

cData.append(["globals", "checkForUpdates", str(self.chb_checkForUpdates.isChecked())]), but doesn't help.

It's completely possible that I've messed up something/haven't updated something correctly elsewhere in Prism.

What am I missing?

In v1.2.0.11 I added a new checkbox in the PrismSettings dialog in the Miscellaneous tab. This error means that one script is looking for the checkbox, but the checkbox doesn't exist.

Did you update automatically from the Prism Settings dialog? The only way I could image how this error could happen is that you updated Prism in a DCC app like Maya and then you opened and tried to save the Prism Settings dialog before restarting Maya.

Try to close all Maya instances and the Prism tray. Then open the Prism Settings again and see if you have "Check for updates" checkbox under the "Update" button in the Prism Settings dialog. If you see this checkbox you shouldn't get this error anymore.

Ah of course!

Like I said, its totally possible I didn't update something properly.

I customized the PrismSettings.ui, to add an extra input that I wanted, and I forgot to update that. Can't believe I forgot that.

Thanks.

I really need to look at moving these tweaks to the custom plugins section, so that it's easier for me to upgrade Prism. I'll start a new thread about it, possibly you could advise me on what can be done with custom plugins. Currently, I open your new code and manually insert my "tweaks" into it here and there as needed. Obviously very laborious and probably a silly way to do it.

Yeah it might be more intuitive to modify the scripts directly, but on the long run you will save time if you make a plugin for this kind of changes. Of course I can give you advises how to do that.