Join our discord community

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Can't run Prism in Maya

Hello.

Having some trouble with Prism in Maya. When I press any icon on the Prism shelf, I get the following error:

pcore.saveScene()
# Error: NameError: file <maya console> line 1: name 'pcore' is not defined #

Don't know what's going on there.

I'm testing Prism out for my company, and I've also run into trouble creating a project on a network location. Making a local project works fine, but when I try to create a project on our shared network drive, I get a very long error message, where the error "[WinError 6] The handle is invalid:..." keeps repeating. I've attached a screenshot. Could it be related to some kind of network permissions?

Software specs:

Maya 2019.2
Prism v1.3.0.75

I hope you can help, would love to get Prism up and running, to give it a proper test drive at the studio.

Uploaded files:
  • You need to login to have access to uploads.

Hello @repix,

the first problem sounds like the Maya integration is not setup correctly. You can remove and add it again from the Prism Settings window in the DCC apps tab. You can also check this file in your Maya preferences if it contains the correct path to your Prism installation: maya\2020\scripts\PrismInit.py

The warning popup sounds like some network problem indeed. Do you or anyone in your team have some baisc python knowledge to help with the debugging?

You could also create the project locally and then copy it to your network location and open the network project in Prism.

Cheers,

Richard

Thank you for the quick reply.

I'm very new to python, but trying to learn, so debugging is hard. Nobody else at the company knows any python, or any programming for that matter, either. Luckily. creating a project locally and then moving it to the server works, so that's great.

I removed the Prism integration for Maya and re-added it, but still no luck. I get the same error message. Interesting thing is I have the same Maya 2019.2 at home, where I can run Prism without problems. However, that's an old v.1.2.0.0 of Prism I have at home. Will try to figure it out further.

Just for good measure I tried adding the Prism integration to Blender, which works just fine.

/Repix

You can check if there are any errors or warning related to Prism in the Maya script editor.

You can also try to execute this in the Maya script editor:

import PrismInit
pcore = PrismInit.prismInit()

I removed the Prism integration in Maya gain, then cleaned up some old files in my Maya scripts folder, before then adding the Prism integration once more. Now it's working just fine 🙂

/Repix