Join our discord community

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

BUG ? - State Manager export to same file type

Having major issues with the State Manager's export. Either it isn't loading in with the correct scale, as mentioned in a previous post (even exporting with cm & m it doesn't import correctly, while importing the exported file using blender's own import it comes in fine) and now exporting to the same file is generating either a large python error saying that the filetype isn't defined (when exporting from blender to blend file), or the scene is being reported as not existing in Prism (when it has been loaded from Prism directly prior to accessing the state manager from the Maya tray).

Please help

Pete

Here is the error report related to the Blender state saving to .blend. There were three errors which appeared one after another which I've separated with "----"

Pete

Uploaded files:
  • You need to login to have access to uploads.

Hey Pete,

that error was fixed in v1.3.0.53. You can update in the Prism Settings window.

great stuff - I'll grab down in the morning. As we don't have the internet enabled on systems due to security and MPAA compliance, can you update with the installation (eg just installing over the existing folder) or is there a batch file that could be run to update the version from an extracted source?

thanks - let you know how we get on

pete

I just updated the installer on the download page to v1.3.0.75.

If you want to update in the future to the latest version before I update the installer you can download a zip of the gibhub repository (https://github.com/RichardFrangenberg/Prism/archive/development.zip). In your current Prism version you can open the Prism Settings and in the update section you can rightclick the "Check now" button and select "Update from .zip".

Export worked, but import generates errors and then fails.

Updated to 1.3.0.75

Project is from previous installer build, if that makes any difference.

FYI after updating, a lot of errors appeared, so ended up installing via the main installer.

Looks like the path to the state manager lookdev stage blend file is a combination of two paths - the concept stage in the shot and the state manager lookdev export which is generating an invalid path.

Attached error log file

Thanks,

Pete

Uploaded files:
  • You need to login to have access to uploads.

Hi - sorry to ping this, but this is pretty much the major issue which is preventing us from deploying entirely across the studio. Is there any update on a resolution pls?

thanks

pete

No problem for the ping. Always good to remind me to look into it 🙂

I found the issue for this error (windows network path) and fixed it in v1.3.0.76

Cheers,

Richard

this seems to have worked .. thanks! Trying the state manager out with max 2019 as well. Some issues.. will re-check and if the error repeats will file a new report in a separate thread.

thanks!

Pete