Join our discord community

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Blender - Update Rig in animation scene?

Hey

Is there a way to update the rig in the animaton scene in Blender? Currently if you publish a new rig, it tells you there is a newer version when in the animation scene, but if you bring it in, it'll just add it to the scene and/or delete the old one. It would be brilliant if it could replace the existing one in the scene and carry over the library override states. Alternatively, the only way I know to update a linked rig is to save over the linked rig file, which is a bit destructive but might be worth trying if the former doesn't work.

Thanks

Dane

Hey Dane,

Currently that's not possible for Blender rigs. What you can do is to enable master export versions in the project settings. This will create a copy of your export whenever you export a rig and save it without the version number. You can link this master version into your animation scene and when you update your rig it will create a new rig version and also override the master version, which will automatically update the rig in your anim scene.

Cheers,

Richard

Ah Brilliant, i didn't see that setting. That sounds like the best workaround for this. I'll have a play with that.

Thanks!