Join our discord community

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

alembic workflow and shapeDeformed

Hey, just having an issue with the workflow, the way i understand it, this should happen to everyone, but there is no mention of it on the forums, so I suspect I misunderstand something.

once a model scene is exported as a tpose alembic, lookdev pick up the model, and rigging also pick up the model, once rigging are finished with the rig, it goes to animation. The names of the objects that have received deformers are changed to 'shapeDeformed' by maya while in the original model tpose they are all called 'Shape'

if you are to create a look dev scene, import the exported tpose alembic and apply shaders, then later on select the objects and use the state manager to import an animated version of the alembic- the names that come from animation have 'deformed' on the end of the shape nodes and nothing happens.

the workaround I'm using currently is to export the model for shading and then again later export the tpose from the finished rig and reapply the shaders in the lookdev scene which makes it compatible with the animation alembics.

doers anyone have any ideas- am i approaching this wrong ?
perhaps the option to prune 'Deformed' from the shape nodes on alembic export might fix this ?

thanks
moon