Join our discord community

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

alembic scale on maya-blender

Page 1 of 2Next

Hello friends, The state has a problem with the import alembic maya-2019 to blender-2.8, basically with the scales

my scene on maya working on cm , my character export "150.00cm" through "state manager", so import on blender my character "15.000cm"

manually I could import and adjust to scale 1 to 0.01 but by prism I do not have that option.

In Maya you could enable the "Additional export in meters" checkbox in the Export state options. This will create a second alembic file for your character, one in cm and one in m. If you import the version in Blender with the State Manager, it will pick the meter version, which has the correct scale for Blender.

Alternatively you could scale your character in Blender by creating an empty object at the origin, use it as a parent for your character and scale the empty object down to 0.01.

This corrects the problem of the scales thank you very much

new lite problem in version on align meshes

version cm multiple meshes correct align

version meter meshes dispersed

I just tried it in a simple test scene, but all objects appear with the correct same distance to each other in Blender as in Maya.

Maybe it's specific to your scene. If you like you can upload the Maya file and I can have a look at it and check if it gets exported correctly.

This is the problem

Uploaded files:
  • You need to login to have access to uploads.

I see. But like I said I can't reproduce it, so without seeing the Maya file I can't tell you what's the problem.

this file

There was a bug in Prism which scaled the objects based on their pivot location and not relative to the world origin. I just uploaded a fix (v1.2.0.12) which fixes that. After updating your character will be exported correctly.

thank you Richard,

I will try it now

Page 1 of 2Next