Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

A USD Pipeline for Artists - Prism 2.0 First Look

PreviousPage 3 of 3

Tried over the weekend but got crashes as well

Quote from Animatect on 28. March 2022, 20:28

Tried over the weekend but got crashes as well

are you two refer to this https://wiki.blender.org/wiki/Building_Blender/CyclesHydra

or are you using tangents version? or did they join forces?

looking forward, my redshift licences run out in July ๐Ÿ˜‰

also I'm waiting patiently for prism 2.0, but v1 does its job every day, huge thanks! if you need beta / alpha testers I can provide my assistance and and report bugs etc...

all the best

Philipp

Hey Phillip, sorry, didn't see you post before.

This is a diferent version from tangents (blackbird), this one developed mostly I think by Patrick mours (hope I'm writing that well) from Nvidia. I would say Tangent's version is virtually dead now, since this version is supported in the actual cycles repository.

The version itself is... highly experimental I would say, I've managed to compile it in windows but it has some bugs and it's missing some stuff, I'm sure It will get there (although it's been I think almost a month since I saw movement in the repo), so I wouldn't ditch redshift just yet and believe me, having 7 redshift licenses myself, I feel your pain.

On the other hand, workflows developed in solaris can translate easily, so that's a plus ๐Ÿ™‚

On your last comment, I'm also very happy with and very thankful for prism 1.0, when we get 2.0 I'm sure it'll be amazing, but 1.0 is very solid.

PreviousPage 3 of 3