Please or Register to create posts and topics.

A USD Pipeline for Artists - Prism 2.0 First Look

PreviousPage 2 of 3Next

This is amazing tool

Hey guys, Anyone knows if Richard is ok?
It's been a while since he had any activity here at the forum or at the prism repository.

Hope all is well.

Hey @animatect

yes I'm totally fine πŸ™‚

thanks for checking. I'm heavily working on some big Prism updates and didn't find the time to reply in the forum recently. I'll come back to that in the next days though.

The updates I'm working on are for Prism 2, which isn't yet uploaded to the repository, but you can be sure that I'm more committed to Prism than ever and that there will be more public updates in the future πŸ˜‰

So good to know everything is going great, thanks for letting us know!

Can't wait to see what you have in store!

Hi Richard,

That'sΒ  great news!!!

Thanks for sharing! and I'm looking forward to it.

Mr. Richard!

Is there such a thing as a Prism 2.0 beta? Would love to mess around with it! I promise I won't bother you with feature requests while it's still in beta πŸ™‚

Thank you Richard!

-Peter

Quote from RichardF on 1. October 2021, 17:29

Hey @animatect

yes I'm totally fine πŸ™‚

thanks for checking. I'm heavily working on some big Prism updates and didn't find the time to reply in the forum recently. I'll come back to that in the next days though.

The updates I'm working on are for Prism 2, which isn't yet uploaded to the repository, but you can be sure that I'm more committed to Prism than ever and that there will be more public updates in the future πŸ˜‰

Hi everyone

I watched FMX presentation and it looks really good . I wonder if there is any update on 2.0 release date. At least a ballpark estimation.

Cheers

Hey everyone,

the Prism 2 development is making good progress, but there's still a lot to do.

The feature specifications are not fixed yet, so the Prism 2 roadmap is still changing, which can affect the release date. Having a stable, feature complete version is more important for me than keeping a specific release date. The long waiting time will be worth it in the end πŸ˜‰

Currently the release of Prism 2 is planned for later this year, around late summer. In the meantime if you have questions about the progress feel free to ask at any time.

Cheers,
Richard

Hey richard, Yesterday we got the news of an official(currently experimental) Cycles Hydra delegate patch, we are going to try to implement it into our pipeline, but maybe there is something related to integrating it that we can help you with, let me know if you are interested or can think of a way we can help you out.

I saw the Cycles delegate and I'm trying to build it atm. I got some successful builds, but they are crashing my Usdview unfortunately. Have you managed to build it successfully?

PreviousPage 2 of 3Next