Join our discord community

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Urgent! How to Playblast already created Scenes in MAYA 2020?

Page 1 of 2Next

Hi so I came across PRISM just yesterday as I am desperately trying to playblast out MP4 files instead of AVI directly from MAYA which is causing codec errors for scenes with longer keyframes. As of now whenever I try to click the Publish button using the State Manager nothing happens. The "Publish Complete" doesn't appear as what is stated in the PDF documents. Really new to this and need to get this going soon....Thank you in advance for whoever that is able to help.

Uploaded files:
  • You need to login to have access to uploads.

Do you see any warning or other popups after you click the button?

Can you check the Script Editor in Maya, if there are any errors printed?

If you haven't done it already try to update to the latest development version:

https://prism-pipeline.readthedocs.io/en/latest/index/feature_reference/#updating-prism

If you are on version v1.2.0.0 you'll find that update button in the "Miscellaneous" tab in the Prism Settings.

Hi thanks for replying so quick. I just downloaded directly from the site. I've just pressed the update Prism button, hopefully it works. Will let you know once its done. Using the update from Github

Hi ok so i've just updated. There was no message or anything but the popup just went away after the extracting part. Do I need to restart MAYA 2020 or something? Cuz as of now the "Publish" button is still not executing anything as of now.

Attached is the script editor, seems to have something called "Message Parent" error.

Uploaded files:

You should have seen a "Successfully updated Prism" popup. After that you have to restart Maya, yes.

If you didn't see that message try to update Prism from not within Maya, by opening the Prism Settings from the Windows Start menu.

Quote from RichardF on 28. June 2020, 16:37

You should have seen a "Successfully updated Prism" popup. After that you have to restart Maya, yes.

If you didn't see that message try to update Prism from not within Maya, by opening the Prism Settings from the Windows Start menu.

Hi ok I will restart now. Also is it possible to just use my existing like .mb files that I have been working on to work with the PRISM plugin? Or do I have to import into a PRISM Asset?

The messageparent error should be fixed in the latest version.

Yes you can use your existing scenefiles, but you have to save them with Prism first. Open your existing .mb file, select an asset, create a step, rightclick in the files list and select "Create new version from current". This will save the currently open Maya file into the Prism project and you can do the playblast.

Hi Ok successfully updated as shown in screenshot below. Will proceed to open MAYA 2020 again now.

Uploaded files:
Quote from RichardF on 28. June 2020, 16:43

The messageparent error should be fixed in the latest version.

Yes you can use your existing scenefiles, but you have to save them with Prism first. Open your existing .mb file, select an asset, create a step, rightclick in the files list and select "Create new version from current". This will save the currently open Maya file into the Prism project and you can do the playblast.

Hi Ok great upon clicking Publish now the keyframe is moving as per usual playblast. Just to check the actual animation in MAYA not moving is normal correct? Cuz in the build in MAYA playblast the animations would move according to the timeline together. Thanks!

Hi Richard, just an update yup managed to successfully Playblast it. No lag compared to the build in MAYA Playblast. Thank you!

Page 1 of 2Next