Join our discord community

Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumPrism: Support / Bug ReportsUpdate Problem
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Update Problem

Today when I opened Prism, he offered me an update. After making, all the Asset and Shots appear in the Project Browser, but the work files are not listed

Uploaded files:
  • You need to login to have access to uploads.

You are using Blender 2.79? Have you tried if you see the files in the standalone Project Browser or in the shots tab? Can you post the full filepath of one of the scenefiles? Probably the reason for that is that the scenefiles where saved with a naming convention, which is not recognized by the latest Prism version. Maybe the scenefiles where saved with a very old Prism version, but I can tell you more when I see the filepath of the scenefile.

the version used to start the project has been 1.2.0.15 two weeks ago. Today it was updated to version .16. The path is T: \ 3D \ TV \ THE_HEAD \ 00_PROJECT \ 04_WORKFLOW \ ASSET \ SPHERIC_ANTENNA \ MOD \ "name assigned by prism" Initially the file is from Maya 2019.1, but I can not see it with any software from the project browser or with the standalone.

Thanks!!!

1.2.0.16 has only a small change compared to 1.2.0.15, which doesn't affect the Project Browser. So the update can't be the reason for this.

But the filepath you posted has a different problem. By default there can't be underscores in asset names. It is not possible to create an asset in the Project Browser with the name "SPHERIC_ANTENNA". Did you create this folder manually or through a custom script?

There is a way to enable underscores in assetnames, but this option should be used at the beginning of a project and not be changed during a project. Let me know if you want more information about that.

For now you should rename the folder (and also the scenefiles if they contain this assetname) or create a new asset without underscores.

Asset folders have been created using ShotGun.

I checked the spacing by eliminating the low bar and that way routes already work.

thank you

I have been able to change the name of the Assets in ShotGun to solve this problem. But in the case of the Shots (not yet imported) I will not be able to change it. Is there a possibility to import the shots with low bar and not have this problem?

Yes there is a way. But first you should understand, why underscores are not allowed by default.

Prism relies on a specific folder structure and naming convention of the scenefiles. It uses underscores to separate things like assetname, versionnumber or user in the filename of a scene. To get the version of a scenefile, Prism splits the filename by the underscores and queries a specific index of the resulting list. If your assetname contains underscores, there would be a different amount of underscores in the filename. Prism wouldn't know at which index it can find the version number and where the assetname ends.

By default Prism uses one underscore to separate the data in a scenefilename, but this can be changed to another string. In your project you can go to this config file and open it in a text editor: \00_Pipeline\pipeline.ini. In the "globals" section you will see this line: "filenameseperator = _". You can change the underscore to a different string. It can also have multiple characters. For example you could use "filenameseperator = __", "filenameseperator = -" or "filenameseperator = .." Whatever string you choose will be used in the scenefilename to separate the information for Prism and the string cannot be used in asset or shotnames. That also means that the Project Browser will recognize scenefiles only if they use your separator string. If you already have scenefiles in your project, which use underscores to separate the data, you would need to rename them if you want to see them in the Project Browser. That's why you should change this setting as early as possible in a project.

A lot of graces for the information. I was able to make the change and now everything goes smoothly. I find an excellent project manager at this time. Anyway I would like to be able to collaborate with you to develop your application and that we can adapt it to the needs that we have in our work structure. Anyway, thank you very much for your attention.

Great to hear that. I'm always open to new ideas and collaborations. Feel free to contact me anytime about that.