Join our discord community

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Prism Plugins for asset folder

Hi there !
We decided to use Prism for our end of the year project to help us with the pipeline during the year but there is something we're struggling with.
We already saw some subjects about it on the forum but we were wondering if you can be at any help with that.
We're working on maya 2019 and we created a scene project for every asset of our movie. So in every workspace we have texture, modeling, rig, everything in the same place.
Thing is, as we understand, with Prism, the texture files must be in the folder "origin" of project .... Which is a problem for us in this case.
So I was wondering if there were any way (I'm thinking plugins) to forcing it to the folder of the asset ?
It seems I can't find a precise documentation about plugins so if you can help me on that ? Thank you very much !
Marine

You can put your textures wherever you want. Prism doesn't require your textures to be in a specific folder. The \04_Assets\Textures folder in your Prism project is just a recommendation, but if you have any reason to save them somewhere else that's totally fine.

Thank you for your response !

The problem is more about the set project ! Because when we're openning our modelling asset for example, if we're trying to add textures to it, it's going directly at "\04_Assets\Textures" when we want it to look at "\04_Assets\Characters\JohnDoe\textures"

Any ideas ? 😀 Thank you so much !

In a production situation, i always work with temp textures in "\04_Assets\Characters\JohnDoe\textures", but all final assets are in a separate folder: "\04_Assets\Textures".

I do the same with final maya scenes (for example "04_Assets\Scenes")

This way it keeps things organised properly.  You just need to do a publish pass, where you change your textures path to the "\04_Assets\Textures".

All textures in one place, better for organisation, and better for saving your project

Quote from Marinc on 11. October 2019, 9:37

Because when we're openning our modelling asset for example, if we're trying to add textures to it, it's going directly at "\04_Assets\Textures" when we want it to look at "\04_Assets\Characters\JohnDoe\textures"

Of course you can save your textures in \04_Assets\Characters\JohnDoe\textures and load them from there. You can create that folder manually, but I guess you expected that there is already a texture folder created automatically every asset?